5'4''-ish losing weight? (212-140 hopefully)

Options

Replies

• lknockstead
    lknockstead Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and I started at 265.4 on June 18th. I currently weigh 185.4 and I want to get down to 120. Lost 80 pounds so far in less than 7 months!
  • angeliqueann
    angeliqueann Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" my results are on my profile pic. I've lost 46 lbs so far.
  • myana1
    myana1 Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm 5'3", 39 and started 01/02/12, weighing 285 heading for 135-140. My husband also started MFP with me. Good luck to you and everyone here. Anyone can add me.
  • belizsera
    belizsera Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 as well and want to lose 60 lbs. I just started a few days ago. Looking for motivation and friends for support. Good luck!!
  • lesaw01
    lesaw01 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" on a good day. I lost around 40 pounds last year on Weight Watchers but this year I am giving MFP a try. I want to join a gym to help with my exercise and weight training and I can't afford both WW and a gym so I'm going with the gym this year. I want to loose about 75 more pounds but if I loose more that will be great.
  • minionofevil
    minionofevil Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2, and my heaviest was the day I delivered my son, weighed in at 198. I normally hovered around 145, which looked a bit big on my frame, but pregnancy (and 50lbs) later, I was still 183 when I weighed myself right around the time my son turned 7mo old. I decided to take action. It's been 3 weeks, I started on dec 12th, and I have gone from 183 to 172.2 so far, I stick to an 1850 cal a day diet, because I am breastfeeding and need to eat enough. Honestly though, drinking all 0 cal stuff (mio is my addiction now) and eating healthy (I am a vegetarian, have been for 12 years) makes it hard for me! I had 4 meals yesterday, and only came in at 1680. I had to eat a yogurt before bed to get to my cals for the day.
  • missleeloo87
    missleeloo87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This isn't exactly a success story as I'm just getting started, but I love that you started this thread! I'm 5'4", 220lbs as of 2 days ago and just started eating healthy and excercising on the 2nd. My goal weight is 135-140lbs. I love seeing and reading about all the amazing achievements of everyone here! Amazing work! I hope I can keep it up... :)
  • stephygrace81
    Options
    I just reset my profile and downloaded this app in my phone yest. I am ashamed to report that I am 5'3 and 242lbs...My long term goal is 135, but my short term is to make to 200lbs...Having PCOS, it makes it even harder to lose this weight. It doesn't help that my hubby loves me how I am...but I don't. I am absolutely fed up with my weight/body. And I am wanting to get fit/healthier for myself. Yesterday, I was walking home from work, and my lower back started hurting...bad. Really?! At the age of 31, I have back pains from walking...wow, if that wasn't a wake up call, I don't know what is!! Wish me luck!! And if you relate to my story, please feel free to add/message me!!

Good luck to you all!!:smile:
  • stephygrace81
    Options
    I just started today, so maybe we can go on this journey together!!! Good luck!! :-)
  • bonita071
    bonita071 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    ?
  • bonita071
    bonita071 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", went from 165 i'm at 130 right now. Staying active, changing up my workout routine every 3-4 months so I don't get bored. 1200 calories a day with no workouts, up to 1600cals depending on what kind of intensity workout i did that day. Know when it's time to take a break but stay at maintenance calories....say NO to gaining! Good luck :)

How long did it take you?
  • wtdia
    wtdia Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Remember the journey is more than just about weight loss....you will need to dig deep for inner strength, fortitude and attitude. Many obstacles can get in your way, but stay the course...the end reward is worth it. This past holiday season was the first one in my memory that I did not gain weight. The strength, fortitude and attitude I started and magnified during the past year of my weight loss carried me through the temptations of this past holiday season. Be proud of all you accomplish and my advice to anyone embarking on this journey is to break it down in 10lb goals and ask yourself after every 10lbs if you feel ready to maintain or to continue losing. my doctor told me to stop at where I am at even though I am 5'4" and that the charts saying a woman our height needs to be between 132-140 lbs are hog wash....that those charts do not properly define what is healthy. The number on the scale won't be what determines if you are healthy....what you eat, how much you exercise and strength train, and your mental health are what will be the most important factors!
    Good luck on your journey....it is hard, but worth it.
  • amariewittman7
    amariewittman7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5 and have lost 11.2 lbs so far since July 16th '12. My highest weight ever was 206 which happened in the years between 1996 and 2006. After I was at my heaviest for awhile, I finally got sick of being overweight and finally made some real efforts to lose the weight, finally getting down to 151 and a size 10 in May, 2008. I was doing great and needed to keep going! But - didn't hold onto the weight loss long, and eventually during 2009/2010 I was hovering around 199. I hated that all the hard work and achievement was lost! Lost weight again in 2011 but only about 15 or 20 lbs. Started at 191 again in July 2012 and am now down to 178. I have about 53 lbs to go, my goal weight is 125. I would love to be a slender size 6. I know I can do it, with persistence. it's inspiring to hear everyone's weight loss stories. So many people here have made such excellent progress - some with some serious weight loss. I'm very proud of you! Keep up the great work. I'm impressed with MFP and I think it's a great way to keep us all on track! We can do this! For our health and well-being. Keep up the work everyone, it doesn't have to be torture, just sensible eating and portions within our calorie ranges, plus diligence and persistence, and adding that movement to our days. Feel free to add me, I could use encouragement and love to encourage others as well.
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4! My starting weight was 160, the biggest I have ever been in my life! I have now lost 9 pounds and am 151 pounds. My goal is to get down to 125 and hopefully by March I will be there :)
  • samanthasky
    samanthasky Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have to jump in on this! I'm 5'4 and I'm 17 years old! and My starting weight was 231, but now I'm 240 and I'm ready to work it back off! My lowest weight since the start of my journey was 219, so I'm definitely ready. :)
  • Holli1230
    Holli1230 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm jumping in too! I'm 5'3" ( on a good day). I started at 215, currently hover around 164. Haven't lost much past few months on scale, but just bought smaller jeans yesterday! Woooohooo. Weightlifting rules! Would love some new pals. Add me!
  • beautsarah
    beautsarah Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stephygrace81
    Options
    Girlfriend, I hear ya!! i am with you on this journey!
  • aishaahsan925
    Options
    I am also 5'4 and i weigh 140 pounds,
    I want to lose 20 pounds with in six months?
    Were you able to lose your 26 pounds?
  • steph56565
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 5' 4" and started MFP in October 2013 at a whopping 245 pounds. Since then I've lost 51 pounds with another 54 pounds to go. I've had several weeks of not losing any weight at all. I'm hoping to reach my goal by February 2015. MFP has been such a great help in keeping me on track.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!