Quick Question...

Options
How often do you guys weigh in? Twice a month? Once a month? I have yet to buy a scale and I'm afraid that if I do I'm going to be one of those kind that weigh themselves EVERYDAY-lol!
So...how often?

Replies

• hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Personally I check every time I go to the gym, about 5 days a week. But I know not to expect any loss or changes til about the end of the week. Its usually about 1-2 pounds less a week atm.
  • lamby284
    lamby284 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every morning...which is probably not the best idea but I do it anyways. Its better to weigh yourself once a week. Its easier to get discouraged if you do it every day.
  • niecysj
    niecysj Posts: 12
    Options
    I agree, Im new at this and my goal is to check in weekly!!!
  • hollyl_0214
    Options
    I did Weight Watchers a couple of times, which required me to weigh in once a week. Unfortunately, I would weigh myself a couple times a week, and sometimes on my actual weigh in day it was higher than any other day. I used to get really disappointed and discouraged. This time around, I plan on weighing in every 2 weeks, and trying to not get as discouraged and focusing more on being healthy and on non-scale victories!
  • kbruning527
    kbruning527 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Weeklys good for weigh ins, that way you give yourself enough time to see changes, as your weight can fluctuate daily but it still keeps you focused on your target of losing weight!!
    However, dont become too obsessed with the numbers!! its better to feel healthy and eat healthy then it is to only rely on a number on a scale. Listen to your body to see is you feel healthier
  • riboid
    riboid Posts: 31
    Options
    Yeh, everday..Nothing wrong with obsessions.
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    On Fridays. There is a Friday Weigh in group. It is open to anybody.
    Go under community
    then under groups
    jlook for friday weigh in
    I admit i haven't done it for a few only because I was bad
    but I will friday
  • glitteredgrave
    glitteredgrave Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I weigh in weekly, but I'm thinking about weighing in every 2 weeks instead.
  • Frankie3333
    Frankie3333 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i try to do it only once a week. My weight can go up and down a lot, if i weigh in on a daily basis. I find that i can see more of a loss if i weigh in one time a week. It is super easy to get obsessed and start weighing every day or multiple times a day
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Everyday. Works for me, not for others. There is no right or wrong answer to this question.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Everyday. Works for me, not for others. There is no right or wrong answer to this question.

Everyday for me as well I just not get too obsessed with the odd up day, When it is up for 8 to 10 days in a row it is time to do something about it. :grumble:
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Once a week