Biggest Loser Starts tonight

Options

Replies

• neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I like to eat ice cream while I watch the show.
  • lmbs1966
    lmbs1966 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I find the whole premise of the show to be the worst of the exploitation based "reality" shows.
    Starve the participants then over exercise them, then humiliate them when they break do to the extreme starvation. Nothing they "learn" in the show is sustainable.

I, too, hate this show. it's so ridiculous, and I hate that people get so into it and that it's on tv at all. Jillian michael's and all of them should be ashamed to be a part of this.
    Let me guess, you will be watching "Honey Boo Boo" Or the "Real Housewives" instead!? I think they are more lame than The Biggest Loser lol
  • lucy5599
    lucy5599 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love the show, Jillian, Bob and Dolvett! I do not like contestants that are given every chance, and so many experiences and do not appreciate it. I certainly hope this season is better than the last.!
  • lucy5599
    lucy5599 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Why do you think Jillian left the show! She didn't like the way it was ran either! Hopefully they get it right this time.
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    There will always be backstabbing drama... lol.. It IS after all a contest for $250,000. I cant wait!
  • jaztoderan
    jaztoderan Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Why do you think Jillian left the show! She didn't like the way it was ran either! Hopefully they get it right this time.

I thought she left to start her family..
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options

I thought she left to start her family..

She did. And now she is back.
  • michmich805
    Options
    I thought I was the only person that did that....... Lol
    :laugh:
  • Cocacoladdict
    Cocacoladdict Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    does anyone in the uk know whether the American biggest loser is shown over here? Ive not seen it
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    S_U_M_M_E_R Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    It's tonight? (Sunday?) I thought it was Monday that it was on.???? If you're correct then thanks or the reminder.
  • fitnessGETZeasy
    fitnessGETZeasy Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    If I wanted to see people struggle with their weight I'd go to my family reunion

bwaaa hhaaaa! THAT was hilarious!

I'm not a fan of the show at all. As others have said it , unfortunately, does not teach the contestants long term sustainable changes. Isn't that what we all need? Besides, watching the Biggest Loser makes me hungry for some reason. ;-)
  • felcandy
    felcandy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i like watching it as entertainment, and i also tell myself that if they can work out hard, so can i!

sometimes i workout while watching it, but i ALWAYS want to work out afterwards haha

i've read all the articles about how terrible the show is behind the scenes.... but its a show! they're just out to make money, and whats wrong with that? i guess... I mean, at least they aren't called "The Biggest Gainer"
  • lmbs1966
    Options
    It's tonight? (Sunday?) I thought it was Monday that it was on.???? If you're correct then thanks or the reminder.
    On my directv it is on nbc tonight and tomorrow night too, then every monday night, check your local time. :happy:
  • DebraDawnSahli
    DebraDawnSahli Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think its teenagers this year. Jillian isn't my more favorite person but excited to watch.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Lol, so I cracked up when Dolvett was stating that the contestants get a free membership to Planet Fitness and what they are doing there, they can take with them and do in the over 600 facilities across the country. HAHAHAHA!!!! Yeah, I'd like to see them grunt and yell while slamming a ball down in any of the other facilities!

Also, I always roll my eyes when on the first workout, they brutalize the contestants. I KNOW for a fact that if I did that to a client on the first day, they probably wouldn't return. But contestants sign a contract and are stuck in the spot light. There's really NO REASON to make the workout that hard the first time, but again it's great entertainment and get ratings. People like to watch other suffer....................

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Ready4Change05
    Options
    I love this show! I think it is great that they are making childhood obesity known on this show.
  • lmbs1966
    Options
    I agree with you niner, I thought it was a brutal first workout, and I thought Jillian was really bit-chy to them too, I want to google and find out what happened to the first girl on the team to walk off the show. They could have handled that differently and in my opinion they should have let TC stay. WOW!
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    does anyone in the uk know whether the American biggest loser is shown over here? Ive not seen it

You should be able to see it on Hulu.com, if you watch shows online. (I watch it on Hulu in the US, I can only assume it's not blocked for those in other countries.)
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I love the show! This season is young obese teens only. I have heard there will be no vote off, just helping them learn good eating and exercising habits. Many premises of the show will be changed. Can't wait to see!:smile:

That's a fantastic development. I hope it doesn't hit the ratings. I have found the Ozzie version to be best, then the US then the (I assume low budget) UK one.

The UK one does look so low budget compared to the rest. It's embarrassing!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Also, I always roll my eyes when on the first workout, they brutalize the contestants. I KNOW for a fact that if I did that to a client on the first day, they probably wouldn't return.
    maybe you should offer them a chance to win 250K? i think people will put up with all kinds of crap when there's cash involved

also people can leave whenever they want. they arent forced to be there. most just stay as long as they can for the $$