Replies

• luv2camp
    luv2camp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That is great thanks for sharing
  • fitnfreeme
    fitnfreeme Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the insight. I'm eating moderately, but also eating in a way that I can sustain for life.. Thanks for sharing. Congrats on your success!
  • amsthegreat
    amsthegreat Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to get the word putt that it can be done without starvation or deprivation. Food is good. :)
  • fitandfabnat2013
    Options
    Great inspiration..just what I need. Thank you and well done!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • LisaM_9
    LisaM_9 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Great way to be realistic and accomplish your goals and make it more a lifestyle :)
  • jenbenefit
    jenbenefit Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thankyou so much for sharing this, you really have put a smile on my face and told my brain to keep on moving! Congratulations on your success =)
  • jmariscal3
    jmariscal3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Awesome story! I love the pics and the fact that you are doing it healthy and logically. When I started my journey last July I was all about deprivation and watching every little thing I ate. I stayed at 1,200 calories and would not eat back my calories. I burned anywhere from 300-500. I am now on a better track, eating higher calories, eating more, and lifting weights. In one week I have seen more progress than almost five months of counting calories and depriving myself. Your post puts it all in perspective. Keep at it and know you are inspiring many :)
  • Clemsonmom
    Clemsonmom Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING THIS INFORMATION! It has just clicked with me. A diet is short term. I have tried all diets to sooner or later gain my weight back again. This time I eat about 1600 calories and my nutritionist told me no food group is off limits if it fits in my calories. The foods that don't fit, I change a recipe to make them fit.
  • amsthegreat
    Options
    You're welcome, everyone. Honestly, I wasn't expecting so many thanks. I'm glad I could inspire, put things into perspective, and put smiles on your faces. :)
  • andrea464
    andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting and sharing!
    I'm looking to lose over 100 pounds and have started making some of these changes- it's promising to hear it working for someone else! I walk to work from our parking lot (used to take the bus, about a half mile walk depending on what time I get to work), but I don't think I'll be doing the grocery store (maybe one day, but there aren't any sidewalks and drivers here are scary)!
  • Texgal9816
    Texgal9816 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    A Milwaukee girl (Soblemans and Kopps)!!!! Great loss and way to put into perspective all the "little" things we can do everyday that really add up!

I am originally from Texas, but have been living in Milwaukee for 3 years now. Are you from Milwaukee?

First off I want to say thanks for sharing and congrats on how far you have came! You are such an inspiration to others!
    When I was reading your post I saw Candy Cane Lane, oh how I miss it. I'm from Texas and lived in Milwaukee for 5 years (we went there every year) but we moved back to Texas last year but I still have family up there. Good luck to you on the rest of your journey! You look fabulous!
  • myana1
    myana1 Posts: 27
    Options
    Thank you for you "secrets".
  • jiggy66
    jiggy66 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    . I DO count calories. I eat approximately 1600 calories on an inactive day, but I eat back ALL the extra calories I burn. Yes, you read correctly. If I burn an extra 900 calories at the gym you'd better believe I will be eating all 900 of those calories back. You'll probably find me at Sobleman's Pub and Grill eating a burger and drinking a Bloody Mary or Kopps having some frozen custard. If I want something high calorie or I find myself hungry at the end of 1600 calories, I eat. I take that as a signal from my body that I didn't give it something it needed during the day. No "dieting" here.

This is interesting to hear. I have only been at this a week, so I am not sure how my weight loss will fair, but I am usually left with about 500 calories at the end of the evening. I will splurge and have a banana with some nutella on it, or an apple with some peanut butter, or even the other day I had a Starbucks cake pop. I was wondering if it was possible to lose the weight if I was eating those extra calories, but apparently I can!
  • courtm82
    courtm82 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love this post, and congratulations on the weight loss! I agree with eating back your calories. I see people who are eating 1200-1300 calories a day that have 100 or more lbs to lose and I just dont get it... they are starving their bodies in my opinion! I have lost 53 so far, and am doing what you do.
  • Verla7
    Verla7 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, you are such an inspiration! You must live in the Pacific N.W. too, where we don't tan, we rust! LOL!
    I just found this website last November, and I feel like this is finally the answer I have been looking for for so long. I would live to be your friend and watch your amazing progress.
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    A Milwaukee girl (Soblemans and Kopps)!!!! Great loss and way to put into perspective all the "little" things we can do everyday that really add up!

I am originally from Texas, but have been living in Milwaukee for 3 years now. Are you from Milwaukee?

Milwaukee Girl here too, Love love both of those places. And I am envious you got to walk through Candy Cane Lane, I live so close and missed it the last 2 years
  • amsthegreat
    Options
    I love Candy Cane Lane. Too bad Christmas is over. :(

The next thing too look forward to is the summer and all the festivals. And swim suit season!
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Well done on an amazing loss and thanks for your post.

I started my journey this time last year and lost 22lbs in 5 months doing exactly what your doing, eating and drinking whatever I wanted but counting the calories and getting some exercise in. I then started restricting my diet etc and then I stopped losing. My weight is back up (over ate and drank over the holidays and did NO exercise). but now I'm back on it and just going to make it simple, "eat my 1600 cals a day and exercise"

thank you! x
  • RollTideRachel
    Options
    You're awesome! I'm so inspired! :)
  • mudya
    mudya Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm 5'5 and my heaviest recorded weight was 242 - I have lost 60lbs so far but scared about excess skin, because my belly doesn't look too good at the moment. It may tighten up once I have lost all the weight but I can't help but be worried. Have you found excess skin an issue?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!