5 in 7 challenge

Options

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Walking is fine - I meant slow strolls, shopping expeditions etc.
  • redrover
    redrover Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks for putting this together! I won't necessarily log in the spreadsheet every day but I promise I will catch up every few days. Nice job everyone!
  • caroleannlight
    caroleannlight Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Just popped in to say taking a rest day today but my knee is actually not too bad and managed to do some short but fast walks (I won't be adding them to the spreadsheet) so bring on the weekend burn. Hope you all have a great weekend and keep up the burn!

CA
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Guys I don't want to be restrictive. If something is *your* exercise, add it. As long as it is purposeful activity, not daily living....
  • whittlelauraann
    Options
    Thanks Franny I actually did workout yesterday too...not yet today but might do my insanity if the kiddos go to bed when they are supposed to!
  • caroleannlight
    caroleannlight Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Guys I don't want to be restrictive. If something is *your* exercise, add it. As long as it is purposeful activity, not daily living....

Thanks for clarifying I think I am on the same page here - that's exactly why I didn't add yesterdays walking as I am including them in my increased activity goal rather than exercise. While ditiching the bus and walking to and from the train station is a good thing I don't want to give myself the option of calling that exercise and give my self an excuse not to go to the gym. I think yesterday was a good level of activity for a rest day as I thought my knee would be much more problematic.

If I do a longer walk as an extra / specific exercise or a walking DVD or wii programme I will be logging it. I want to build up to hiking again which I never got back too properly after an ankle fracture

Think I am rambling using my keyboard muscles - so off to the gym to do something more productive lol. Have a great weekend
  • bigbeff
    bigbeff Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've added myself too :-)
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Rest day today for me. Got some walking in, which was very nice. :-)
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Walking is fine - I meant slow strolls, shopping expeditions etc.

Fab, thanks!!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Another day of too much family stuff going on to exercise.

Ah well, tomorrow is another day :-)
  • Weathers58
    Weathers58 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Tim 46 and a bit of a runner (predominantly) I run long distance in the summer and try maintain in winter. I also sold my car so I have no choice but to bike to work now so thats another 10 miles a day.

I've been on here a while and am friends with a few of you, anybody who wants to friend me no probs.

I love running in bad weather, which is handy living in Yorkshire and running mainly offroad.

Weathers x
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Glad you're feeling a bit better, Laura.

Seems like everyone's doing well. I know this challenge has really motivated me to exercise when I might not have made the time otherwise. So far I've had only one rest day, last Thursday - tomorrow will be my next one as I go straight to my friend's from work and then out to a pub quiz.

Back to Zumba class tonight - not been since November since December was so busy - it's a great fun burn - can't wait!

keep on keeping on!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    I was reduced to exercising in front of the kinect. Couldn't face going to gym, after what's been a long tough working day! :-)

Well, it got done, however I had to do it. Tomorrow will definitely be a running day!
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Plan for my new job is to minimise the outgoing of funds. So I cycled to and from the station (saved myself £5 parking), and walked the other end, (saved myself £2.40ish), who knew that saving money would make me feel so smug exercise-wise!?
  • meerkat70
    Options
    woohoo! Well done, Penny!
  • whittlelauraann
    Options
    I have been uploading but haven't posted here in a few days I don't think. I am doing the insanity workouts so had one rest day so far and will be at 5 of 7 if I get todays workout in... which I should barring anything too crazy at home but with 4 kids you never know what might come up!!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    I have been uploading but haven't posted here in a few days I don't think. I am doing the insanity workouts so had one rest day so far and will be at 5 of 7 if I get todays workout in... which I should barring anything too crazy at home but with 4 kids you never know what might come up!!

well done! :-)
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I've gotten 3 workouts in the past seven days, between 20-35 minutes each. I find I can't do much more past 30 minutes before I need to get back to the kids. Trying! I try to aim for 350+ calories and getting back to running farther in the same time.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    I've gotten 3 workouts in the past seven days, between 20-35 minutes each. I find I can't do much more past 30 minutes before I need to get back to the kids. Trying! I try to aim for 350+ calories and getting back to running farther in the same time.

Sounds good bro me
  • meerkat70
    Options
    I ran, walked and did yoga today. Hit my 45 minutes and then some, and my 5in7.

Looking forward to hearing how all of you did today, as this is our first week done. :-)