Need a Good Cleanse Suggestion!

Options
Hey everyone I wanted to try a cleanse because I feel gross and a friend of mine suggested a cleanse. She said she does them when she feels sluggish or uncomfortable and they help. She orders these expensive pills of some sort. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for an over the counter not too overpriced?? Thank you!!!

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Are you having trouble with your internal organs?

If not, they are "cleansing" you all day, every day. No need to do some fancy, expensive diet.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I wanted to try a cleanse because I feel gross and a friend of mine suggested a cleanse. She said she does them when she feels sluggish or uncomfortable and they help. She orders these expensive pills of some sort. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for an over the counter not too overpriced?? Thank you!!!

My suggestion is to not do it.
    My additional suggestion is to stop listening to your friend.

Read here for more info:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/821828-detoxes-and-cleanses
  • Andreinne
    Options
    You might want to consider some type of liquid diet, instead of pills. There's tons of suggestions on the internet for liquid diets.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Soap and water works great!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Soap? (grumble, beat me to it)
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    BAH
    eat right
    work hard
    rinse
    repeat

also
    poop
    pee
    cleansed!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i know what you mean. after a few days of heavy eating and drinking, i feel gross and sluggish myself. mostly it's because i haven't been drinking enough water and no fruits and vegtables.

so i try to get more water and fruits and vegtables in my system. that is as close to a cleanse as i do.

and with fruits, veggies, and water, trust me, things get friggen cleansed. i've been to the bathroom twice this morning.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Soap? (grumble, beat me to it)

:tongue:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Soap and water works great!

this
  • Jessk63
    Jessk63 Posts: 51
    Options
    I think I shall go the fruit veggies and tons of water route.....and perhaps I shall not listen to certain friends haha! Thanks everyone :smile:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Eat right, exercise, and drink plenty of water.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Going the fruit and veggie route, there is a program called the whole30. Probably the closest you can get for a "cleanse" that involves eating all of your calories in real food. Basically cuts out processed foods and encourages fruits, veggies, lean meat, some nuts and good fats, etc.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Take a shower with a lover - then you can be clean and dirty at the same time.
  • senami632
    senami632 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I usually do a liquid juice cleanse after I've had a bad day and it helps me cleanse my system....usually spinach, cucumber, blueberries, kale, strawberries, apples, will do. To be honest, I throw in whatever fruits/veggies I have in the fridge, but the constants are always spinach and blueberries cos they have really good anti-oxidant qualities. Good luck, hun! xx
  • sarahlm20
    sarahlm20 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have a bad stomach so I get a lot of sluggish days with sore cramps and sickness. (my friend thinks it may be IBS as she has same symptoms).

When I have these days I know it's mainly my body telling me stop eating rubbish I need real food, vitamins and minerals. So I would eat lots of veg and drink water.

I suggest if you having a bad day have some greens. It does wonders! And it will flush out all the bad from your stomach too and you will feel happier unlike with junk food that makes you smile then later you get a belly ache or are grumpy!
  • amanda_catherine
    Options
    eat fruit and drink water...
  • Jessk63
    Options
    Take a shower with a lover - then you can be clean and dirty at the same time.

haha can i count it as cardio too?
  • ritza4321
    Options
    Hi,

I'd scope this out- I read all of his stuff and he's really knowledgeable:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/05/23/Should-You-Detox-to-Get-Rid-of-Chemicals.aspx

Not sure if I'm allowed to put links on here so if it's removed just search "mercola detox to get rid of chemicals" and it will come up in the search as Should You Detox to Get Rid of Chemicals

I've never done one personally but I have done many of his suggestions lately on health tips and they've all been truly amazing!

Good Luck!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    2 tablespoons of castor oil. That'll clease the hell out of you.
  • Jessk63
    Options
    I have a bad stomach so I get a lot of sluggish days with sore cramps and sickness. (my friend thinks it may be IBS as she has same symptoms).

When I have these days I know it's mainly my body telling me stop eating rubbish I need real food, vitamins and minerals. So I would eat lots of veg and drink water.

I suggest if you having a bad day have some greens. It does wonders! And it will flush out all the bad from your stomach too and you will feel happier unlike with junk food that makes you smile then later you get a belly ache or are grumpy!

Yes, that's exactly what I am dealing with! I shall definitely just try to amp up the natural foods and water to help get my stomach back to normal. We had a night out with friends Saturday (bar, beer, bar food, late eating, etc) and I its been so long since I have done it that I have felt awful since. Getting back on track and my normal eating will hopefully get me back to feeling normal again.