Moving to OBX! Looking for info :)

Options
kb_CG_wife
kb_CG_wife Posts: 181 Member
Is anyone here from the Outer Banks area in North Carolina? My husband is a Coastie getting stationed in Wanchese in June! What's around there? Good shopping? Health food stores? Gyms?

Replies

• 1lexisva
    1lexisva Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I lived in Virginia Beach VA kind of close but not familiar with NC area
  • seafed
    seafed Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi- I live on the Outer Banks. I'm in Kitty Hawk so north of Wanchese but not too far from there. What kind of shopping are you looking for? I'm an online shopper myself so I don't do a lot of shopping here. There is an outlet mall, one dept store (Belks) and 2 grocery store chains. Then there is also a Walmart (not a super one) and a Kmart. I'm not sure about health food stores- though I did hear that we are getting a fresh market sometime soon. There are a couple of gyms I've seen but I'm not a member so I don't know anything about them personally. There is a YMCA that we go to that has a fitness area. Welcome to the area! Have you visited here before or will this all be new to you? Where do you live now?
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Too far north for me; we lived in Atlantic Beach/Moorehead City for 6 years. I'm a former Coastie and my husband's a retired Coastie. Our son is just moving back there from Okinawa...he's a Marine, being stationed at MCAS Cherry Point, his birth place...how cool is that?
  • ashleytisdale
    Options
    Hey! I am at Cherry Point as well (just came from Oki in April).
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Duck Donuts. Good luck not getting addicted.