AMAZING Shrimp Linguine

Options
maryann73
maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
This recipe is from Taste of Home Guilt Free Cooking. Only 312 calories for 1 1/2 cup serving. Just tried it tonight and it is DELICIOUS.

Zippy Shrimp Linguine

1 package (16 oz) linguine (I used whole wheat)
1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 to 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tsp. butter
1-1/2 cups sliced zucchini
1 cup sliced yellow summer squash
1 cup julienned carrots
1 cup fresh broccoli florets
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley (i used ALOT less, dried)
1 tablespoon minced fresh basil (dried here too...soon I will have fresh!)
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, stir-fry the shrimp, garlic and pepper flakes in oil and butter for 3-5 min. or until the shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp, keep warm.

2. Add the zucchini, summer squash, carrots and broccoli to same skillet, stir-fry for 8-10 min. or until crisp-tender.

3. Return shrimp to skillet. Drain the pasta; add to skillet along with the parsley, basil and salt. Heat through. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese.

Not only is it delicious, it looks like something you would get at a fancy restaurant!

Replies

• ComfortFoodAddict
    ComfortFoodAddict Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    bump
  • knightl
    knightl Posts: 14
    Options
    Oh yum! I might leave out the carrots though. Not sure what julienned means lol
  • abutterflyemerges
    abutterflyemerges Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    This recipe just made my stomach growl! I am making it tomorrow night! Thanks!
  • schlieffen
    schlieffen Posts: 269
    Options
    Bump.. great idea for that package of shrimp sitting in my freezer!
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    thank you
  • jenuwine
    jenuwine Posts: 57
    Options
    Oh yum! I might leave out the carrots though. Not sure what julienned means lol

julienned just means cut into strips (rather than into round bits)

Yummo - sound slike a great recipe with lots of nice veggies thanks for sharing
  • 2daughtermom
    Options
    If I'm not mistaken, julienne means to shred into long strips.
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    bump, yum!
  • amk44
    amk44 Posts: 159
    Options
    This sounds really good! I'm creating an old fashioned "paper" cookbook of recipes that I have tried and/or that I have noted are low calorie healthy ones that have ingredients that I know I like. I'm printing this shrimp linguine recipe to put into my binder. I tried a couple of times to do an electronic cookbook version, but there's something satisfying about paging through a personalized cookbook.

Thanks for posting this recipe! I'm going grocery shopping today [saw cantalope on sale -- :O) ] so I'll pick up the ingredients that I don't already have. Can't wait to try it.
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    sounds great thanks
  • rtg1
    rtg1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Krishoward
    Options
    I make almost this same dish! I use the olive oil, butter and then saute in the garlic, fresh parsley and red pepper flakes. Then I add in the Shrimp. I don't do the veggies tho. I then toss the pasta in and add salt and lemon pepper. Dish up and top with grated parmesan cheese.

I've never tried it with veggies, so I might have to do that! Glad I came searching at recipes today, because this is one of my favorite dishes and thought I'd have to bump this one off my list.... from the oil and butter... guess not! yay!
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Does look amazing! Thanks for sharing. I'll have to make sure to have a big ol' salad with it, so i don't go overboard on that linguine! :love:
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Y'all are very welcome. I put it in the food database under zippy shrimp linguine, so you can log it in easily now. :wink: