Anyone know of a water bottle that doesnt fracking leak!

Options
Just what the title says- can anyone recommend a water bottle that doesnt leak?

I have bought 3 in the last couple of months and ALL of them leak after a few weeks- either from the cap seal, the drinking spout, etc. They fall on their side on the car seat and the seats wet, I drink and get dribbled on, sideways in the hydration belt and I can feel my back getting soaked. I dont overtighten so the seals are fine and not cut/degraded and I do screw the caps down firmly.

I dont buy cheap- these are not Walmart $4 bottles- they are all int he $12 - $20 range with the most expensive one being recommended at a running store.

Plastic, aluminum, titanium, mithril - I dont care what its made of or how expensive it is (relatively) but I would just like to buy one bottle and be done with it. The only requirement is I would prefer a 24 ounce container.

Thanks!

Replies

• BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Options
    yup Intak® Pink 24 oz Hydration Bottle I have this and keep it in my bag and it has NEVER leaked.
  • ChristinaK69
    Options
    I buy bottled water sometimes and just reuse it. Yes, it's a pain to unscrew the cap each time I drink but it doesn't leak. My small hydration pack bottles haven't leaked yet. I buy cheap. Maybe that's what you should try, something cheap
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,659 Member
    Options
    CAMELBACK. At least mine hasn't and I abuse it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    I have had two of these for over a year: http://www.target.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/p/thermos-intake-poly-water-bottle-smoke-24-oz/-/A-11900108 and have had no problems with them.
  • oldspoke
    oldspoke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Kleen Kanten stantiless steal
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I have several from different brands that haven't leaked.....
    I buy the water bottles for bicycling from Wal-mart or Performance Bicycle and haven't had any problems.
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    My Camelback is good. I've had it for over a year. If anything happens to it, you can email them and they will send free replacement parts.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Camelback is awesome, both bottles and water backpacks. I have used both and been very pleased. I have also used a cheaper brand... I just cannot remember the name right now but it definitely starts with a N and is very common from running supply stores to super centers like Wal-mart or Target.
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I have a Camelbak as well - it's only 21 oz but it's awesome. I definitely abuse it and it's never leaked.
  • ctlinj7
    ctlinj7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have a Water Bobble which is a filtered water bottle that is BPA free yada yada yada and I love it. Esp when I am somewhere the water tastes like crap, my bobble takes care of it :)
  • bkesecker
    bkesecker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I love my Camelback insulated.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    We got a three pack of Contigo water bottles at Costco and they are marvelous.
  • akhilton
    Options
    CamelBak podium bottle - they are brilliant
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Check out the water bottles on http://www.flylady.net. I'm dead serious.
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I have a Water Bobble which is a filtered water bottle that is BPA free yada yada yada and I love it. Esp when I am somewhere the water tastes like crap, my bobble takes care of it :)

I won one of these, and I hate it. Too small, wonky taste, leaks.

I have a 25 ounce Kor Hydration Vessel - hasn't leaked on me yet, keeps my water cold, black.
    However, since I'm great at winning water.. I also won a Nalegene, narrow mouth, 32 ounces [I'm sure you can get smaller ones.], in grey, that I love love love.
    I like ones that screw on and off.
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I like my Camelbak Podium Chill.
  • runs_in_heels
    runs_in_heels Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Nalgene's All-Terrain-Bottle (ATB) comes in a 22-oz and a 32-oz.
    I've been using them for years and love them.
    http://store.nalgene.com/Nalgene-Bike-Bottle-p/22 ounce atb.htm

* also love the fact that you can replace the top/mouth part
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I've loved all the Nalgene's that I've had.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I'm using a family size orange juice bottle. Sports bottles have always leaked for me.
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    GOtta agree with the others... Camelbak... I have a 24oz bottle, I actually got it free when I ordered my Merrell hiking shoes... it never leaks, it has a great little flip top spout/straw and a handy carrying hook. I take it everywhere... gym, hiking, and work