Biggest Loser Starts tonight

Options
13»

Replies

• vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I like to eat ice cream while I watch the show.

Ha Ha
    Can i join you

I loved the show for the first season or maybe two and then they started all the product placement and lets yell,cry and get in touch with our inner child. Also the workouts seem to be brutal. You take someone who clearly has not exercised and make them run full speed and then you wonder why they get hurt.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I find the whole premise of the show to be the worst of the exploitation based "reality" shows.
    Starve the participants then over exercise them, then humiliate them when they break do to the extreme starvation. Nothing they "learn" in the show is sustainable.

I, too, hate this show. it's so ridiculous, and I hate that people get so into it and that it's on tv at all. Jillian michael's and all of them should be ashamed to be a part of this.
    Let me guess, you will be watching "Honey Boo Boo" Or the "Real Housewives" instead!? I think they are more lame than The Biggest Loser lol

I don't like any of them. I watched Downton Abbey. I like some of Jillian's workout videos, but I haven't watched the Biggest Loser in a few years.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I find the whole premise of the show to be the worst of the exploitation based "reality" shows.
    Starve the participants then over exercise them, then humiliate them when they break do to the extreme starvation. Nothing they "learn" in the show is sustainable.

Pretty much ^^THIS^^
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options

This ^^^^^^^^^
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

I, too, hate this show. it's so ridiculous, and I hate that people get so into it and that it's on tv at all. Jillian michael's and all of them should be ashamed to be a part of this.

Agreed ^^^ with both.

I think that is spawns bad, and some dangerous, habits that I've seen tried at the gym.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Also, I always roll my eyes when on the first workout, they brutalize the contestants. I KNOW for a fact that if I did that to a client on the first day, they probably wouldn't return.

Yep, My jaw dropped watching that last night.
  • emilynw10
    Options
    does anyone in the uk know whether the American biggest loser is shown over here? Ive not seen it

You should be able to see it on Hulu.com, if you watch shows online. (I watch it on Hulu in the US, I can only assume it's not blocked for those in other countries.)

Hulu IS blocked for those in other countries.

Not that I would watch TBL anyway. Well... ok, I would... but my husband hates it so I never get to :p
  • NavyMommy
    NavyMommy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have to admit I was really irritated last night. In the past when someone walked off they would generally not make someone go home, but to take the team down to only 3 players with a red line was IMO over the top. You could really tell how much he wanted to be there and he had a great week. If they keep dropping at this rate they're going to have to do a major team reshuffle soon! White can't keep up with only 3 players and the 2 heaviest stacked on Bobs team.
  • Webbygail
    Webbygail Posts: 116
    Options
    I really didn't like Bob telling the guy on his team "You're like the biggest guy here. You got these other guys over here losing close to 30 LBs. That should've been you, that's why you're not happy with 21 pounds"......... NOT HAPPY WITH 21 POUNDS , IN A WEEK? Come on people..... Ugh!