Food Scale?

Options
2»

Replies

• mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Digital scale and measuring cups just live on the counter now. I use them multiple times a day.
  • cncrafton
    cncrafton Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I bought a cheap $5 one that was manual, and it was fine but a bit difficult to use with some things. Got a digital one for Christmas and I am in LOVE. I weigh everything. EVERYTHING.
  • JenniferRT66
    JenniferRT66 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I bought this one at Amazon and really like it. It's got a tare weight function, so I never have to mess up the scale. I just put the container on the scale, press a button to zero it out, then add my food. Not expensive either.

http://www.amazon.com/MIRA-Platform-Digital-Kitchen-Display/dp/B005QRWEBK
  • barbAhicks
    barbAhicks Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I recommend a digital scale with tare function as well as a good set of measuring cups and spoons to anyone who wants to count calories or loose weight. I use mine every single day. Portions have gotten so large when we eat out that people forget what real portions should look like. It also helps you to be more accurate when recording intake on MFP
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    GroupOn seems to do a deal for one like once a week, and I got one from there after I broke my other one (don't worry, it only broke because I kept knocking it onto the floor).
  • kylieannfran
    kylieannfran Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I got a cheap one at walmart, it does ounces and grams
    I've used it almost daily for a year

Same here! I love mine and use it all the time!
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    I bought the Biggest Loser one at Bed, Bath & Beyond.....not that expensive and I use it multiple times a day....love it!
  • Rg2324
    Rg2324 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yep. If I can't measure it by cups or spoons, I weigh it. Helps especially with meat, fish, cheese portions.
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Definitely use a digital scale for calorie dense foods.
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for a month or so now. I love it! It does only measure in grams tho, so I've got to do some math to get it to ounces. But still I love it. :)
  • lindayadlon
    Options
    I use my food scale to measure many foods including ice cream and cereal. My scale wasn't very expensive. Maybe $20. I've lost 17 lbs since august, so I guess it works.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I have a digital starfrit one from Target for like $9. Awesome stuff. Love it!
  • ChelseaM18
    Options
    YES GET ONE. I really don't know why I took so long to get one, it has helped me so much! I could blabber on about how useful it is but no-one wants to hear that so just a, yes definitely try it out :)
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I got this one and LOVE IT! The only complaint I have is the text on the buttons is wearing out (but, I use it EVERYday on EVERYTHING so I probably overworked it. LOL!)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002CM6TVI/ref=oh_details_o04_s01_i00
  • F1953
    F1953 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    A good digital scale is better than non-digital. My problem with digital scales was that they didn't work for very long. Measuring helps more than eyeballing.
  • slroggemann
    slroggemann Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    not to revive an old topic or anything, but I ordered an Ozeri brand scale off Amazon and I LOVE IT. I don't know how I ever did without it. It's digital and it's helping me with portions of things like pasta, in particular.

Thanks for all the input!!