Whats a healthy food or foods that you can NOT stand?

Options
I think for me personally, I cant stand vegetables like avocado, smelly cabbage, canned spinach, I like fresh spinach from the produce section. I dont know what tofu or soy foods are like, anyone else?

:happy:

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,660 Member
    Options
    It's true. I can't stand bananas! :noway:
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    ComfortFoodAddict Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I cant stand celery! I can cook with it if I chop it really small, but there is no way I can eat it raw... not even mixed in stuff. I have never tried tofu... but soy milk was okay. It actually tasked richer and more fattening than my regular milk. I didnt like that part of it, but it made my smoothies creamier.
  • danielle4992
    danielle4992 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I hate tomatoes.. but will eat anything made with them i.e. ketchup, salsa, marinara, sauce... just not the real deal.. blech!! :sick:
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    for me it is mushrooms.:sick: I am forcing myself to but them and put them in some of the meals I cook. I cut them up super small so I can't pick them out or really tell they are there. I am hoping to acquire a taste for them. Don't ask me why. I guess I just don't want to be picky and so many of my recipes call for them.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Brussel Sprouts...... ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

They stink when you cook them and taste like soap...

:sick:
    :laugh:
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    I hate tomatoes.. but will eat anything made with them i.e. ketchup, salsa, marinara, sauce... just not the real deal.. blech!! :sick:
    That's my other food. Love them in things but not raw
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts and collard greens. Just not my cup of tea. Bananas are okay, but I loathe the film that it leaves on your teeth.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Beets. BLECH! (This stems from the childhood trauma of having to endure hot beets in school lunches. The smell made me sick to my stomach and to this day it brings back too many memories.)
  • danielle4992
    danielle4992 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    one more BIG food group... SEAFOOD.. i have tried and tried and tried and tried and tried ( get the point ? lol ) but I can not seem to get a taste for it.. which sucks because lobster, crab and shrimp look soooo good! I don't eat fish either.. I wish I did.. but I can't .. I've tried the " lighter " fish that are supposed to not have a fishy taste like tilapia and I still don't like it... Makes me kinda sad that I am missing out.. I have never wanted to like something so much :frown: but just couldn't....
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    HATE SEAFOOD.. UGH YUCK.. I
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    one more BIG food group... SEAFOOD.. i have tried and tried and tried and tried and tried ( get the point ? lol ) but I can not seem to get a taste for it.. which sucks because lobster, crab and shrimp look soooo good! I don't eat fish either.. I wish I did.. but I can't .. I've tried the " lighter " fish that are supposed to not have a fishy taste like tilapia and I still don't like it... Makes me kinda sad that I am missing out.. I have never wanted to like something so much :frown: but just couldn't....

This is me...lol. Exactly! I've tried Tilapia...nope just can't do it! I've never liked ANY kind of seafood and tried many times. I'd love to be able to eat it for both health benefits and sooo many things are made with seafood.

Oh well :(
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    FISH! I have a phobia of fish. No joke. I can't even look at a goldfish without getting the heebie-jeebies. And I used to live in Japan in high school and college. Having a strong aversion to fish in a country that eats a lot of fish is not exactly a great experience.
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    There must be something about the name "jill" and hating bananas...... ewww!! My mother says that I even spit them out when I was a baby, so it's been a lifelong dislike!!

Jill
  • rosy54
    rosy54 Posts: 46
    Options
    I have real issues with sweet potatoes!
  • CinthyNair
    CinthyNair Posts: 261
    Options
    Unflavored milk. I can't stand it. :grumble: I always have to mix it with something to down it.
    Been that way since childhood
  • dragonflyjill
    dragonflyjill Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My name is Jill and I love bananas. Sorry to blow your theory!
  • shanna618
    shanna618 Posts: 21
    Options
    I can't stand green beans or yogurt...........yuck!!!
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Celery I can't stomach at all. I even hate the smell of it. Okra's another one - the slimy texture churns my stomach.
  • elizabennett
    Options
    Peppers, but especially green bell peppers. Just the smell makes me gag. It sucks because they are really good for you and there are so many foods that have peppers in them, but I cannot stand them.
  • xeniasimms
    Options
    Wow this is so funny because I like the majority of what everyone named. I have to agree with canned spinach though and I'm not a big fan of celery but I don't hate it. I don't really like greens but I will eat them. IDK this is a hard one for me. I got through phases where I do and don't like things but at some point in my life I think I've tried and liked just about every healthy food (even tofu which I swore against but now mix in smoothies). I don't like grapefruit or papaya though and have yet to like them... but the day may come when my tastebuds change for them too.