Look at my breakfast...

Options
trtmom
trtmom Posts: 76 Member
Can someone please help me here. I had my gallbladder out 4 months ago and I've been having terrible bloat and gas pains after eating for the past 2 months. The only 1 thing I have narrowed down as a sure problem is yogurt so I've eliminated that. Here is my breakfast today , in the form of a smoothie.

Silk - Pure Almond Milk - Vanilla,
Dole - Baby Spinach, 1 cup
Giant Eagle - Fresh Frozen Berry Medley, 0.5 cup
Bananas - Raw, 0.5 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long)
Generic - Great Value Natural Creamy Peanut Butter Spread, 1 Tbsp

Can someone help me figure out what would cause this bloat and gas after this meal?

Replies

• smithme09
    Options
    I know that almond milk gives a lot of people gas. That could be your problem. Eliminate it from your diet for a few days to a week and see if that helps!
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Can someone please help me here. I had my gallbladder out 4 months ago and I've been having terrible bloat and gas pains after eating for the past 2 months. The only 1 thing I have narrowed down as a sure problem is yogurt so I've eliminated that. Here is my breakfast today , in the form of a smoothie.

Silk - Pure Almond Milk - Vanilla,
    Dole - Baby Spinach, 1 cup
    Giant Eagle - Fresh Frozen Berry Medley, 0.5 cup
    Bananas - Raw, 0.5 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long)
    Generic - Great Value Natural Creamy Peanut Butter Spread, 1 Tbsp

Can someone help me figure out what would cause this bloat and gas after this meal?
    Probably the Bananas
  • crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    My guess is the bananas - sometimes when I eat them, I feel like crap!
  • trtmom
    trtmom Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I never would have guessed the bananas. I try to eat them because my potassium is always low.
  • livaneah
    livaneah Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    check out the "gassy foods" list here: http://www.drugs.com/cg/gassy-foods-diet.html
  • wmagoo27
    wmagoo27 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Just remove one thing from your meal each day until the symptoms go away. When they go away, you know what was causing it.