Friends? Support? Nervous!

Options
Hello, my nickname is Dee im 21 turning 22 next month and i live in Delaware .

I'm looking for all types of friends on here, im very new to this site. I came across the app and tried it a few times never seriously though. For my story feel free to read on my profile but i myself am very nervous about the whole weight loss thing. The biggest part of that comes from - "What if i do it for months and see no change." Am i expecting to much or to little? :ohwell:

Unsure of how i feel i am determined and have the will power. Please support me and i'll support you just the same. I am trying to loose at least 100lbs but my goal is about 144lbs. I'm just sick of looking and feeling the way i do; to me i look nothing like myself (if that makes no sense to you all i am very sorry i know what i mean).

Replies

• blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You are going to LOVE this site. Everyone is great, for the most part, and if you commit to logging everything, you WILL see results. I used MFP back in late 2011 early 2012 and lost 40+ lbs. But after a break up, a huge move, starting college, and every other thing that life threw at me in the spring of 2012 I started gaining, and here I am, 30 lbs back of the original 40 I lost. I'm an emotional eater, so getting that under control has always been an issue. I'm 36 years old, but have been struggling with my weight my whole adult life. It's not easy, but you can take control! Don't worry about seeing results in the future, just worry about today. It really is a "one day at a time" struggle. You CAN do it though!!!
  • Dorrie_B
    Options
    I saw great success with MFP two years ago but took a "hiatus" for a year because of some physical problems last year. From my past experience I learned that the support you receive on this page is phenomenal. Even when I thought about just giving up or taking a day off, my friends here just kept me plugging along.

I will send you a request today and look forward to being diet-buddies. I will be on MFP each day (unless I am out of the country for work) and promise to support you on your rough days and cheer you along on your good ones!

Let's do this together! :flowerforyou:
  • roiLEI1554
    Options
    robyn here! i am newly returning to MFP. 18 years old and looking to lose weight and tone up
    i wish you best of luck with your weight loss! i hope we can all support and motivate each other
    it was a complete wake up call when, i ended up needing to wear sweats ALL the time so the weight gain wouldn't show

i'll send a friend request; add me if you'd like! [: