Thin by 30!

Options
This is just a thread to bring together all of us twentysomethings who are approaching 30 fast , but pledge to be fit n slim in time for that dreaded birthday!

If like me you have quite a lot to loose, and would like some long term buddying then add me as a friend and leave a reply so that others can add you as a friend. That way we can all keep an eye on eachother and keep up the moral!

Simple as that!

Lets make our 30's what our 20's should have been, with slinky bods and confidence to boot!

I am 28, stats below:

Starting weight 105.7kg = 233 pounds = 16st 9lbs
Goal weight 1= 82.6kg = 182 pounds = 13st
Ultimate goal= 69.9kg = 154 pounds = 11st

Whats your story? :o)

Replies

• sazziecee
    sazziecee Posts: 143
    Options
    Hi

I turn 30 in July and while I don't have a lot to lose, I really want to have lost it by then. My first wedding anniversary is also 2 weeks after my birthday and then we have a holiday to Spain at the end of August and I want to be confident in my bikini.

I am considering changing my goal though, as some weeks I am only losing 0.5lb (despite exercising 6 days a week and sticking to my calories) but at this rate I will not get to my goal by my 30th birthday. I would need to suddenly start losing 2lb a week which I doubt is going to happen :)

I am 5ft 4 inches and weigh 145.5lb (10 stone 5.5lb) although I weigh in at my slimming club tonight so it could be less (or more!)
    I am hoping I have lost though as done loads of exercise this week.

I am *just* at a healthy BMI but don't feel it, as am still quite flabby, especially on my tummy, although some of that is stretched skin from my 2 children who were whoppers! haha

My goal weight was to be at 9 stone (126lb) by my birthday, but I think I would be happy at 133lb
  • Tubbyangel
    Options
    Oh this is such a good post I turn 30 next feb and am dreading it, I would just be wonderful t o be able to party my birthday away in a pretty dress or something like that. I strongly beleive that it is possible even though I have so much weight to lose but life is all about hope and trying to improve yourself and the world around you
  • kajaknowers
    kajaknowers Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm only 21 but for the exact same reason I do not my weight to affect my life....I want to be the vivacious 20 something year old and enjoy every minute.....I graduate from uni in less than 2 months so I start a new era in my life....I want to find the man of my dreams and enjoy life.....weight has always pulled me back and it wont any longer.....I started my journey 3 and half months ago and have lost 34 lbs and it hasn't been as hard as i thought it would be as i always say "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels".....i feel its definitely the case, my confidence is growing leaps and bounds....in 11 lbs I will be classed as 'overweight', i know this is totally achievable and then I will keep going until that amazing day I feel i look good.

x
  • Bleux
    Bleux Posts: 186
    Options
    I am 28 as well, will be 30 in about 18 months. I don't have a lot to loose... "just" 7-10kg. Problem is, I have had those same 7-8kg for about three years and am still trying to get rid of them. I am not as worried about weight numbers as I am about Fat Percentage. Currently I am at 29% and before my 30th, I'd like to be around 20%. I am working on my diet, trying to make sure I eat enough, but not too much. I have also gone semi-organic. I don't get everything, mostly cause it is too expensive, but I make sure that all my fruits and veggies are organic. I just started C25K training (I'm on week 2) and would like to go up to running a marathon before my 30th birthday as well. Best of luck to you all!
  • Bleux
    Bleux Posts: 186
    Options
    as i always say "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels

I love this!!! Can I get this tattooed on the back of my hands so that every time I reach for something I am not suppose to be eating I will see it and remember?!
  • futuredispatchhottie911
    Options
    I am 25 years old I have over 200lbs to lose. I made a list of things I wanted to achieve by 30. Getting down to a size 10 is on that list.
  • Hermine300
    Options
    This is my first post on here but I love seeing people who have specific things they will do our get for themselves when they reach different goal weights!
  • epalyn
    epalyn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just turned 29 last week. I have about 150 lbs to lose. And I wanna be well on my way, when I turn 30.
    I've always had a problem with keeping my motivation going... I'm gung-ho in the beginning... and then it tapers off, quickly.

Current weight: 293
    Goal weight: 150
    Goal weight by 30: 199
    (That's 7 lbs a month.)

Let's keep each other motivated to get this done.
    I think we can help each other make it happen.
  • lilay
    lilay Posts: 122
    Options
    I just turned 29 and I want to be at my goal weight by 30 or at least within 10 pounds of it. I have lost 39 pounds since January 11, 2010 and have 72 more to go. I have a lot of work to do and I have about 1 year to do it in. I am doing this for my health and so that I can teach my kids how to live a healthy life.

Starting weight = 231 lbs
    Current weight = 192 lbs
    Goal weight = 120 lbs
  • LycraLegs
    LycraLegs Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Wow, I love how many of us are on a similar journey!

These are supposed to be the best years of our lives ladies! When we can get away with shorter tighter crazier outfits, if we so choose. When we can run after children and not quit after 3 mins! Where we can snag the partner of our dreams with our body confidence!

These extra pounds are slowing us down!

Im adding you all as friends now and I will be keeping tabs on you, to make sure that you remember your personal vision and target for your 30th (and beyond).

:o)

Everyone ready to commit to the cause?
  • acakeforawife
    Options
    Last year I was almost exactly where you are -- I had just turned 28 and I honestly most days I felt like I was 68!! :ohwell: I knew knew knew that I did not want to waste my 30s the way I did my 20s.

I had over 100 lbs to lose, but after a year and a half I am almost there!! It's been a slow process but I know this means I am making real lifestyle changes that will last the rest of my life. I'll be 30 in September and I am determined to be at my goal weight by then! (18 lbs to go!!)

PS: I have a progress pic posted in my profile.
  • LycraLegs
    LycraLegs Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Last year I was almost exactly where you are -- I had just turned 28 and I honestly most days I felt like I was 68!! :ohwell: I knew knew knew that I did not want to waste my 30s the way I did my 20s.

I had over 100 lbs to lose, but after a year and a half I am almost there!! It's been a slow process but I know this means I am making real lifestyle changes that will last the rest of my life. I'll be 30 in September and I am determined to be at my goal weight by then! (18 lbs to go!!)

PS: I have a progress pic posted in my profile.

I have seen your progress pic and you look HOT! AMAZING! You really are thinspiration - you look younger now too!
    GOOD JOB! :o)