I start Insanity today!

Options
I'm starting insanity tonight (1/7/13) and I need all the advice I can get! I'm new to this website hoping to find buddies who can help me out through my journey. Would LOVE to make new friends! Anything about me? Just ask!

Replies

• stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Tell me how you did on the fit test when you're done. I couldn't do all of them lol.

I still cant do all of the exercises on day 4 but I'm sticking to it. It's better than just sitting on my *kitten* and eating!
  • JMiller3251974
    Options
    Is Insanity a workout? I haven't heard of it.
  • diamondfit1
    diamondfit1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    im just about on recovery week but I got bad shin splints and so am taking a few days off and then plan to hop right back into it. Add me if you'd like!
  • fitwithwhit88
    fitwithwhit88 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi epcrin! I'm also starting Insanity today. Should be interesting -- I don't really know what to expect, but looks grueling. I've done some P90X workouts in the past and have been able to keep up relatively well, but not sure how similar/different these workouts are. Anywho, I'll be right there with ya!
  • ruby142
    ruby142 Posts: 39
    Options
    I started Insanity today too I did fitness test this morning and oh gosh do I feel tired now it' very intense but I'm gonna keep doing it Good luck to us add me if you want I love making new friends :smile:
  • taffymangos
    taffymangos Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Im starting insanity today also. I've done insanity in the past I loved it but it is hard, but enjoyable. Like stfuriada, I also have a hard time with some of the exercises, the push up jacks on the fit test, the moving push ups in the other videos. Just remember do your best and dont feel bad if you have to take breaks(Shaun T even tells you take breaks when you need them and get back in the exercise when you have caught your breath) and have plenty of water on hand. Feel free to add me. Good Luck!!
  • trac30
    trac30 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday. Any of you feel free to add me so we can support each other! This will be my third round but I still need motivation to keep going!!! Good luck to all.
  • blackorican23
    Options
    Started Insanity las year on 1/1/12. It was a great way to start shedding the lbs. Completed the 2 months and lost 27lbs. I have started again this year. This week isi week 2 for me. Stay in there. Once you do the workouts more regualarly they do become easier and you will see the results if you do your best.
  • trying4real
    trying4real Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to start insanity, I am so excited to start it and get moving. I dont care if i cant keep up, I have decided i will keep doing it until I can keep up. Good luck everyone!
  • Applegondi69
    Applegondi69 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I started the fitness test yesterday(1/6/2013) and I must say it is challenging. However, I actually was able to do all of the fitness test exercises(of course not keep up with those reps) but my efforts were WELL DONE!! Felt great afterwards.:smile:
  • taffymangos
    taffymangos Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I do have one question how do I log insanity in the exercise log, when its not in there neither are some of the exercises that in videos ?
  • rachellehaymaker
    Options
    The very best way is to get a heart rate monitor that tracks your calories. The ones with the chest strap are the most accurate because they continuously keep track. I made a foolish mistake of getting just a watch without realizing that you had to constantly put your finger on the little sensor to get your heart rate. Needless to say I returned it. and got a Polar FT40. Polar does made a few different monitors. Then, you can just create a workout and enter the calories.
  • kyoung1908
    kyoung1908 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I actually have my whole family doing Insanity. Everyone did their fit test yesterday so we are on Day 2 today! Good luck to everyone! Feel free to add me!
  • KFeeney11
    Options
    I found this list online and used the "Add Exercise" feature on MFP. I'm starting Insanity today. Hope its accurate!

http://www.fitcornernetwork.com/insanity-calories-burned
  • CathieSc
    Options
    Hi I am 58 yrs old 50 lbs overweight, I have been doing Insanity with my 33 yr old daughter, I couldnt keep up but I just kept moving, swinging my arms and marching in place when I couldnt follow along. It makes me feel 100% better after the workout. I have tons of energy
  • LovelyladiC
    LovelyladiC Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started insanity today too and I'm excited to see the progress. This is REALLY going to push me to the max. I'm going to do my best to keep up! Looking forward to hearing about everyone's progress!!!
  • tbodet
    tbodet Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Planning on doing the fitness test Sunday! I'm kind of terrified and kind of excited! I'm a veteran of MFP, but honestly haven't taken advantage if the message boards. Think I'm gonna need it for this challenge though!
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I did day 3 today. add me!
  • ladywendolyn
    ladywendolyn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What is insanity?
  • kyoung1908
    kyoung1908 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else drink chocolate milk to substitute for the recovery shake? I do it. I heard it's very similar.