Girls, I need some advice!

Options

Replies

• Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    My trick. Cave in. BUT.... don't indulge. When I have a craving for something, I eat it. Why? Because I don't want to hate my "diet". I'm trying to live a healthy lifestyle but this does not mean that I can never have a soda or candy bar. Have A candy bar, or a FEW cookies, but stop there. The easiest way to do this is to not have those foods in your house. If I am craving a candy bar, I will go buy one, and only one and I don't keep any stocked up in the house. You'd be amazed at how one candy bar can satisfy that craving.

Good luck!
  • AlwaysEights
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up- that's most important! What if you try "different" sweet treats? Like banana dipped in Greek honey yogurt with coconut sprinkles? It's hard- we've all been there... Keep blogging, keep getting support, that's the best advice I can give. You ain't alone!!!
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    I don't. Like someone else said,there is no logic during that time. But, I do know to expect it....it only happens every single month, lol. Also, it doesn't matter if I refill the cookie jar. There is always a random cookie tray, birthday cake, or other types of sweets at the office. Even if I have the best of intentions there will be temptation. I can say no every other day, but NOT always that day.

So, I expect it, eat it, log it, and account for it.
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    You could develop Type 2 Diabetes, like I have...and run the risk of blindness, kidney failure or the loss of a foot or two...the cookies won't seem to important after that.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Oh come on now. Quit blaming your TOM on your cravings.

You know what kinds of things you like to reach for and you know they hamper your progress. I know my weaknesses. I keep that schit out of my house. I can't eat it if it's not there.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Your body might be looking for various nutrients. Try adding a multivitamin to your diet. =)

I agree with this. Also, I keep a lot of fruit around the house and reach for that. I try not to keep sweets around because I know I will eat them...gradually introducing a little bit at a time into grocery list. I'm not depriving myself of anything, but I also don't want to tempt myself even more. I think about where I want to be with my body and that keeps my hands out of the cookie jar. ;)
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    My 2cd day of my period is the worst. I make a note on my friends list update that I will be going over goal and that the going over will consist of massive amounts of junk food. I then made a note in my food notes that I'm on my period for record keeping periods.

And then I eat whatever I want and log everything, no matter how high the count gets. If it gets really high, I switch that day for my free day. About the only proactive, healthy things I do is stay out of the soda and drink ridiculous amounts of water.

I feel awful enough on my period - depriving myself of the comfort foods just makes it worse.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    noooooooooooooooooo not another TOM post, My head is going to explode!!!!

For one week every 28 days, there seems to be an increase in threads of this nature.......:huh:
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options

For one week every 28 days, there seems to be an increase in threads of this nature.......:huh:

Yes, because we are all on the same cycle!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Keep a small, venomous reptile in there. No, seriously!! I don't know, except it is good to get in some good meals, allowing for some additional calories, so that snacking is not so tempting, and a nap around that time. Stay busy doing something else besides hanging around being tempted to snack. Hot tea. A diet soda. A long walk.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Funny how that works, women going through their periods about 28 days. I think lots of women would be thrilled if it happned something along the lines of every 28 years instead.
  • SorchaEilis
    SorchaEilis Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I must have chocolate during that time, to the point that it will keep me up at night if I don't have it- I once drove to Walmart at 11:30 pm because I wasn't going to get ANY sleep otherwise. I no longer deprive myself; instead I keep a bag of Dove dark chocolate promises and have one or two a day.
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I daren't have a cookie jar! If there's no temptation then there's no problem, that's what works for me. Moderation doesn't exist in my dictionary unfortunately.
  • LauraFan78
    Options
    I eat a high protein breakfast and it really helps keep me in check all day long when it comes to eating junk and sweets.

In general though, I don't buy it. I'm a HUGE sweets person and it doesn't last long in my home, so I don't even tempt myself.

I did just see somewhere that said to swish with Listerine, and it will help with cravings. Not sure if it works, but sounded like a good idea!
  • Cgiznsky
    Options
    I have found that eating more natural foods all month long helps keep the cravings at bay. When I'm not eating natural foods, I find that I tend to over indulge during that wonderful time of month.
  • judy20in2011
    judy20in2011 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    JX6dl.jpg

OMG LOVE THIS!! So true!! And for the one not happy about another thread here's a suggestion, DON"T READ IT!
  • Nikkismission
    Nikkismission Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    How do you keep your hands out of the cookie jar during that wonderful time of the month?
    I will be doing so good all month, then a day before, boom!, I must have chocolate, cookies, cake, chips, ect..
    I feel like crap because I indulge for about three days as my hormones go crazy, and then it take a day or two to get myself back on track.

Do y'all have the same problem? If so, do you have any tricks to keeps those fingers out of the cookie jar? lol Thankx!

I've learned to just make healthier choices during this time. I switched from my hershey kisses and reeses cups, to junior mints or the mini york peppermint patties. I've also just tried a veggie chocolate muffin with zucchini in it... I'm telling you, you don't taste the zucchini and carrots, I just taste the little chocoalate morsales that's in it. ooohhh and I added a Healthy choice fudge bar. 100 calories... These has helped me the last 2 months, and besides the water weight gain, I still have managed to maintain a wkly weight loss. Feel free to add me as a friend and look at my diary.. I usually make an indication in my notes when TOM happens ;-)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I don't keep chocolate and biscuits in the house so there's no temptation! If I do buy something, I'll buy something small. I got some chocolate coins for example, and shared them with my 2 kids, so i ate like 3 tiny coins. Enough chocolate to give me the taste but not enough to do any calorie damage.

I don't have as much of a sweet tooth as I used to though and tend to crave things like egg on toast now!
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Don't keep that kind of stuff at home. Eat before you go grocery shopping and chew a piece of gum while you are in the store. And, if you really, really have to have that cookie or piece of chocolate figure out exactly what you are craving and go through the motions of going to get just one. For me it was oatmeal raisin cookies or a piece of See's candies so I would either go to a bakery and get 1 really good cookie or go to See's and get 1 piece of my favorite candy.