Slow Cooker Recipies

Options
If anyone has any good slow cooker recipies I would be grateful

Replies

• AgataZasada
    Options
    To be frank - I have been searching myself. I found one online that I think is my kind of easy/low cal. Here is the link. But I hope more people post. I am desperate for either low cal or low (bad) carb recipes!

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=243136
  • MarshallLuke
    MarshallLuke Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Here is a stand-by for me. It is high-protein, lower in carbs, and not a calorie bomb.
    This recipe is per person, so if you need to, just double, triple, whatever.

1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
    1/4 cup of chicken broth (that's for 6 hours, I would go with a touch more for 8 hours)
    1/2 cup of your favorite veggies
    2 spoonfuls of salsa
    curry powder (I love curry, so I go heavy on it, but just enough to cover the chicken breast should be good)
    1/4 cup black beans

Now, you basically just do like you would with a regular slow cooker - put everything in and set to go, except you only put one spoonful of salsa on top of the chicken in the beginning. The second one goes one a few minutes before you eat it. Also, I never flip the chicken because the curry powder and salsa bake so nicely onto the top.
    Simple and delicious.
  • kellbel82
    Options
    My nutritionist recommended this one and it has turned out great every time!

Pork Tenderloin
    1 jar of salsa
    1 can black beans
    1 can of corn

Leave on low heat for several hours.
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

Ditto to this.

Plus, I want to keep up with this thread.
  • harasiwel
    Options
    WOW - this is my first post as I only signed up yesterday! Thanks for the replies and suggestions, keep them coming!
  • kimr41
    kimr41 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Love crock pot recipes
  • JDelphiki
    JDelphiki Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The easiest one I have is:

2 bottles FF/LF Italian dressing
    4 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts.

Put the chicken in, pour the dressing in. Cook on low for 8 hours. You can throw in baby carrots or baby potatoes if you'd like.
  • Amber824
    Amber824 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com has a lot of great slow cooker recipes! I just tried my first one yesterday and it was delicious!
  • horses7777
    Options
    bump
  • JDelphiki
    Options
    Let me add this recipe:

Ingredients:
    3 lbs raw boneless skinless chicken breasts (the original recipe used frozen breasts, but I used them unfrozen, so it appears you can do either)
    12 oz bottle of Buffalo wing sauce (I used Frank's Wing Sauce)
    1 oz packet of dry Ranch mix (I used Hidden Valley)
    2 T light butter

Directions:
    1. Place the chicken breasts in your slow cooker. Pour the bottle of wing sauce over the top of the chicken. Sprinkle the packet of ranch mix over the top of the wing sauce. Place the lid on your slow cooker. Cook on low for 7-9 hours until meat shreds easily.
    2. Remove meat and shred it using two forks. Return shredded meat to the sauce and add the butter. Stir to combine. Continue to cook on low for another hour so the meat can soak up the sauce. Serve however you like!

Yields 12 (1/2 cup) servings. WW P+: 3 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
    Nutrition Information per serving from myfitnesspal.com: 175 calories, 1 g carbs, 5 g fat, 28 g protein, 0 g fiber

Got the recipe from here: http://www.emilybites.com/2012/07/slow-cooker-buffalo-chicken.html
  • MicMar66
    MicMar66 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    WOW - this is my first post as I only signed up yesterday! Thanks for the replies and suggestions, keep them coming!

Welcome to MFP!!! Thanks for asking this question as I have just picked up two recipes I am going to try this week! ;)
  • wagner78
    wagner78 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sbrooks0387
    sbrooks0387 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    well i don't know how low cal it is but it has to be better than pouring bbq right on the chicken but my bbq chicken recipe:

chicken breast (i do one piece per person eating)
    1 cup bbq of choice
    1/2-1 cup of chicken brother depending on how many pieces of chicken (you do no want a lot of chicken brother or the bbq flavor will not soak into the chicken as well but no brother will make it dry)

place chicken in crockpot, add chicken brother and pour bbq over it.

cook on low for 7 ish hours.
  • angelzoya519
    Options

Put the chicken in, pour the dressing in. Cook on low for 8 hours. You can throw in baby carrots or baby potatoes if you'd like.

Love this recipe. I never used it in a crock pot. I always did it on the stove and fried it in it's own juices. I am gonna try it in the crock pot one of these days and add maybe a few carrots and some green beans. I love green beans.
    :smile:
  • JDelphiki
    Options

Love this recipe. I never used it in a crock pot. I always did it on the stove and fried it in it's own juices. I am gonna try it in the crock pot one of these days and add maybe a few carrots and some green beans. I love green beans.
    :smile:

Actually had it tonight. Tons of baby carrots. I will have to try some fresh green beans in there. They are my favorite.