Heel pain/Plantar Fasciitis - Home cure suggestions

Options
124»

Replies

• mojo09226
    Options
    Sorry you have to deal with this. I had to have two open plantar fascia releases...and I still have pain. The things that help me:
    -Strengthen your feet and ankles (I did ballet foot strength exercises and ran barefoot)
    -Freeze a water bottle and roll it back and forth only using your foot, you can also do this with a tennis ball.
    -Stretch feet, ankles, and calves very well or when I am sitting at work, just stretch and flex the muscles and tendons.
    -Focus on weight distribution when you stand for long periods, it helps the pain.
    -Oh and anti inflamatory pain relievers helped too. Like motrin.

I tried the shots first but the pain wasn't worth the very minor respite.

Good luck!
  • elle_321
    elle_321 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    To my dearest fellow MFPers,

You are all that and a bag of low fat chips/crisps. I appeciate every one of your responses.

I will trying the all the non doctor stuff for about 10 days and if I don't see improvement, I'll put on my big girl panties and see the primary care doctor for a referral to a foot doc.

ha ha well i went back to the doctors as I wasn't convinced that plantar faciitis was my only problem. The pain in my heel had started a few weeks before I developed terrible pain down the outer side of my foot, especially around the joint of my little toe. I remembered after, that I did kick my toe about a week before. I am going for xrays today to check that I haven't broken my toe.