Protein...

Options
2»

Replies

• IRollC30
    IRollC30 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt? Chobani only has 140-160 calories and 14grams of protein. Or you could buy a protein shake/powder and for 90 calories get up to 20 grams of protein in one scoop...

I buy Dannon Light & Fit greek yogurt - it has only 80 calories and 12g of protein for a 5.3oz serving.

http://www.lightnfit.com/light-and-fit-greek#vanilla
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I have a 1-scoop protein shake for breakfast every morning in addition to my normal protein-rich non-fish meats and nuts.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Fish.

Lol. Really?

Dairy. Even skim milk has protein. edamame, quinoa, and what everyone else already said. Supplements are not a bad idea at all.
  • lilmissbamaqueen
    Options
    [/quote]

Why do you think you need protein for energy? Many nutrients are involved in energy production, including minerals and essential fatty acids. Are you taking a long chain omega-3 supplement?
    [/quote]

I am pretty sure that I have fibromyalgia (have not gotten an official diagnosis as of yet), and my mom has it also and she takes in a lot of protein to help with energy (per her doctor). I started trying it too, and have felt a lot better since. I appreciate all the suggestions. I'm not big on yogurt (I'm lactose intolerant), but lean meats and eggs I can definitely do. I will load up on that next time I'm at the store. Thanks! :)
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt? Chobani only has 140-160 calories and 14grams of protein. Or you could buy a protein shake/powder and for 90 calories get up to 20 grams of protein in one scoop...

I buy Dannon Light & Fit greek yogurt - it has only 80 calories and 12g of protein for a 5.3oz serving.

http://www.lightnfit.com/light-and-fit-greek#vanilla

Thanks! I will be hitting that one up!
  • SlinkySpencer
    SlinkySpencer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Eggs are great.
  • sb1219
    sb1219 Posts: 6
    Options
    Cottage Cheese