January 2013 Move Your A$S Challenge

Options

Replies

• MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    The winter temps & snow have arrived in NH . . . It will be Spin class and some Indoor Running and Swimming for the next few months.

Jan. 1st: 1 mile run (Milliennium Mile)
    Jan. 2nd: 15 miles (*Spin Class*)
    Jan. 4th: 17 miles (*Spin Class*)
    Jan. 5th: Adaptive Ski Instruction - Burned 1,150 calories per HRM.
    Jan. 7th: 17 miles (*Spin Class*)

Total so far = 50 miles (*Goal for December = 100 miles)
  • foxbat2828
    foxbat2828 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    4.66 miles on the elliptical this morning. Will probably try to head back to the gym later on tonight depending on the game progress.

34.06 miles down and 40.94 miles to reach my monthly goal.
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    9 miles to log (6 miles today Mon Jan 7th and 3 miles Sat Jan 5th)...54 miles to go
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    REMIND ME LOL...
    I've had two kids so my brain does not remember many of the things it should :)
    Butters wrote:
    Just mho, but the groups i've seen are not very active. They seem to start out strong, lose members (as happens) but rarely attract new ones. I think new people are just more apt to post here.

If i had a suggestion, i might post a link to the spreadsheet in the month's opening post by Bluitz. I suspect that post is read by new joiners more than others.

Yep, I agree. Denise could post a link to the spreadsheet when she starts the month and we'll be all set. :bigsmile:

exercise.png
  • KSea77
    KSea77 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    1 mile Walking

exercise.png
  • bluiz13
    Options
    okay i have set up a "document" in my google drive for when i do the february challenge thread (seems like the active people on the thread prefer a THREAD over a group including me).....

~~~i have added the link to dino's spreadsheet...
    ~~~can someone please type out the ticker factory instructions for me...i dont use the ticker and dont feel like figuring it out just to get the directions down :)....post it to the thread and i'll copy and paste it to my document for when i make the next thread....

~~~if there are any other items you feel should be in the "directions" post at the start of the thread please post here or send me a message....I have NOOOO issue making the thread and therefore the challenge better and stronger each and every month but i cant think of everything and i dont read minds :wink:

now keep moving your a$$es and remember to give your total miles moved each time you post - Dino does not accumulate them, he just updates based on current total miles moved....

thanks and have a great day, denise
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Doberdawn, we all know that a lot of the participants never ever move their butts or read what other people post, never mind opening the 'alleged' spreadsheet. On the other hand, I'm convinced that many people find the thread inspiring and have benefited a great deal from it.... Regarding the current setup, I don't see an urgent need to restructure, however I do like your idea of an @ss-moving group. I'd like to hear what other people think about it.

Dinos
    Just mho, but the groups i've seen are not very active. They seem to start out strong, lose members (as happens) but rarely attract new ones. I think new people are just more apt to post here.

If i had a suggestion, i might post a link to the spreadsheet in the month's opening post by Bluitz. I suspect that post is read by new joiners more than others.

In either cause, i :heart: the effort Bluitz and you make to this group. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

This is a great suggestion. The most often asked questions seem to be how to make a ticker and where to find the spreadsheet. Denise, maybe you can add these to the opening post? Thanks again for all you do. :flowerforyou:

I think these are great ideas, i like how the thread is and enjoy going through the previous posts inbetween my miles and really appreciate that Dinos and Bluitz take the time each month to set up and run this topic and spreadsheet.

You already know this, but I LOVE this challenge! This is the only challenge that really works for me. Whatever you do, it can only make it better and better. Maybe you'll have to 'hire' some of us to help you out since your a victim of your own success!
    smileys-b15a1c.jpg
  • Garetie
    Garetie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    bump
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Ran 2.2 miles today before my weight lifting session. VEEEERY slow start for me this month. Thank goodness, kids are back to school, and bf back at work! They screw up all my routine whenever they're around! :ohwell: Or should I say: I let them screw my routine! :laugh:

exercise.png
  • shiningsea
    shiningsea Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Six miles this weekend, making my total: 11/40
  • LareishaH
    LareishaH Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Currently at 9 miles. (Yeah I am realizing that the Arc Trainer doesn't give you many miles, but you sure do burn a lot of calories!) I am going to have to increase my time running on the treadmill for this challenge. 9/90
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I did 3 miles on the elliptical and 3.1 on the bike last night at the gym :)

exercise.png
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    1/6/13 3.9 miles. Need to update ticker later.

Ticker now updated:
    exercise.png
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    1-3 Spin 14 miles, run .75, swim .75
    1-4 Treadmill - hills 2.6, swim .5 (+weights)
    1-5 Rowing - 2.5 +.5 swim
    1-6 Treadmill-flat 3.1 +.5 swim
    1-7 Spin 11.5 miles +.5 swim (+weights)

Total 37.2
  • bluiz13
    Options
    1.63 miles doing little lunch time walk...
    24.95/95 complete
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    In for another 1000 miles
    01-01: 41.52 miles (159 mins)
    01-01: 3.13 miles (walk 105 mins)
    02-01: 52.29 miles (213 mins)
    03-01: 40.86 miles (165 mins)
    04-01: 42.00 miles (175 mins)
    05-01: 22.06 miles (85 mins)
    06-01: 33.13 miles (136 mins)
    07-01: 51.23 miles (199 mins)
    January total / miles to goal: 286.16 / 713.84

1237 mins
  • mandysmom092711
    Options
    Rode 14 miles on the stationary bike this morning.

exercise.png
  • leambi
    leambi Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    10 miles today.

exercise.png
  • 007AS
    007AS Posts: 12
    Options

exercise.png
  • simplythefreakingbest
    Options
    hey back after a weekend of resting my shins !!

my evening jog of 3.5km complete!!

exercise.png