30 Day Shred ?

Options
I am considering buying 30 day shred. How is it for beginners?

Replies

• xxvogue
    xxvogue Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i just started the shred a few days ago (I just did day 4 today).

I'm not out-of-shape, but I'm not in-shape either. I was running 2.5-3 miles before starting. However, it's more toning/muscle building focused, and it kicks my butt every time.

However, I think there's enough modifications that almost everyone could do it to some extent, if their knees aren't bad.
  • malove07
    malove07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like it. They are short workouts which makes me feel like I can push through them when I'm getting back into an exercise routine.
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I've started it and quit a few times. I enjoy it, but it's difficult for my basically non-existent fitness level. I am keeping it in reserve for when I am a little more up to pace, though, and I definitely recommend it. It's a great workout.
  • Puggles04
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I am going to give it a try. Worst case, I need to shelve it for a little bit. :)
  • Puggles04
    Options
    A second question. How would I track calories burned for the dvd?
  • brig_1_g
    brig_1_g Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The calorie question was my question too. I just finished day 1 of the Shred and wanted to know how to calculate the calories.
  • xxvogue
    xxvogue Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    A HRM is the most accurate way to measure that, but in leiu of that I've heard to put "circuit training" on MFP.
  • brig_1_g
    brig_1_g Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    A HRM is the most accurate way to measure that, but in leiu of that I've heard to put "circuit training" on MFP.

Thanks!
  • HelpWanted220
    HelpWanted220 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It is easy for beginners I DO NOT work out at all and I struggled through the first week but it's like anything else if you WANT it (like I did) and you stick it out it gets better. I am out of shape and have severe asthma and chronic bronchitis and I can do it. It is a great work out :).....as far as posting the calories the only way is to do a heart rate monitor or guestimate. I was quessing then I googled it (neither of the last two worked).....so lastly just got myself a monitor and found out I was WAY under/outer estimating wrong. :flowerforyou:

BTW I am starting today so if you would like an accountability partner friend me :) Day 1 Level 1 of my Shred!!!
  • miiszchelly
    miiszchelly Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today too! I'll add you!!