Weight is ok... The POOCH is my issue...

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to MFP and am looking for friends to motivate me. I haven't had real weight issues, although with my frame size I can stay healthy between 95-110lbs. I have gone on and off of fitness plans/ diet routines to try to just lose that little pooch around my belly and finally not have any insecurities for bathsuit season. I have tried Insanity, P90x, as well as going to the gym the good ol fashioned way, but nothing has given me the results that I need in enough time to keep me motivated. With Insanity I saw the best results, however, mostly in my arms and legs. I am wondering if anyone has any tips to lose the last couple pounds and get rid of the POOCH! Friends welcome... especially those that can relate to my goals on MFP!

Replies

• forest0spirit555
    forest0spirit555 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I would continue to try to use the programs offered. I have problems similar to you and have not been entirely successful with toning and such but I would love to continue to offer support. Feel free to friend me if you like :)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Have you tried lifting heavy?
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    How long have you tried the programs? And are you challenging yourself properly? If P90X isn't working for you, it might be because you aren't doing the level you should be. Say doubles instead of a normal schedule. Also...how long did you stick to the programs? It takes a month to really start seeing a change, sometimes longer.
  • tracielinn
    tracielinn Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Bumping to see what advice you get...I've had mine since I was a teenager!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    This is why people need to think long and hard before getting a dog. So many people grow tired of the pooch, and want to get rid of it later. There should be a law! :cry:
  • marlynej
    marlynej Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Is it the pooch or the pouch your wanting to get rid of? lol
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Nothing worked for me until I started lifting. I had the same issue as you. Small frame (100 -110), mostly fit, but a little belly. I still don't have a six pack, but I do have a flat stomach.

I also stopped my daily cardio. I found I didn't need it to obtain my physical goals.
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    If you've done P90X and didn't get rid of the pooch then your nutrition isn't there.

and you can't go back to eating horrible....
  • 05HeatherLouise05
    05HeatherLouise05 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred works on your "pooch" too. But if Insanity isn't working then it might not work for you, it's working for me though.
  • aviduser
    aviduser Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Lose weight, lose the pooch.
  • JosieJo2000
    JosieJo2000 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Best thing for me has been doing planks, using a suspension trainer (I have a TRX) and doing exercises on the fit ball. These exercises seem to "suck it in" from within.

With the suspension trainer and fitball you really have to engage your core to maintain stability, so you're getting a heck of a workout without specifically doing ab exercises. My personal trainer has me do chest presses, chest flys, shoulder presses etc all on a fitball so my core is being worked out at the same time.
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Guessing you need to eat more.
  • sweetteacher123
    Options
    Be patient. There is no quick fix, even if it is just the little "pooch" you want to lose. I would recommend programs that include cardio and weights. However, keep in mind, sometimes our bodies are also shaped by genetics, and a pooch may be in your genetic makeup. I'm not sayint to give up, but you may have to be slightly kinder and gentler to yourself about it after you tone yourself up using a long-term program and goal. No easy outs here!
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    DO INSANITY
  • suzmathew
    Options
    I have that 'pooch' to get rid of too.
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Planks, weight training, resistance training....

Most importantly, a good diet.

It's going to be something you have to work to maintain for the long haul. Just losing enough to get rid of it then stopping whatever you're doing will probably bring it right back.
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    1. Be patient!
    2. If you don't do so already, weight lift! Look up Stronglifts 5x5 or New Rules of Lifting for Women.
    3. You may need to lose more weight than what you thought your goal was/is!
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    This is why people need to think long and hard before getting a dog. So many people grow tired of the pooch, and want to get rid of it later. There should be a law! :cry:
    I agree - poor little pooch. They just want some love.
  • its_go_time
    its_go_time Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I can appreciate the pooch in your profile pic. Love golden retrievers! :bigsmile: