Water

Options

Replies

• cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I drink a cup of water before and after each meal plus have a 24 oz water bottle at work. I sometimes put Crystal Light in my water for some flavour.
  • anamercedez
    Options
    I add lemon slices or orange slices or cucummbers and its super tasty!)
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I had to go at it like it was a job. The best way I found, is I put a little plastic cup at my sink, and everytime I go by the sink, i down a glass of water....usually gets me to 6-7 glasses a day.
  • NattieJoan
    Options
    You really don't have to have 8 glasses of water a day. If you really want to I'd advise a portable potty :D
    But remember some of your food also contains water so you are also getting water through them also.
  • duckdani
    duckdani Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I keep a bottle at my desk - 1 litre. If its not gone by lunch I try to finish it with my food so that I always refill it after.
    I agree with drinkin it ice cold - its so refreshing.

Also even doing half an hours cardio can make me drink 2-4 glasses - which is half!

If it is really hard you could try adding a tiny bit of cordial to taste. Obviously this will add calories but it might might make it easier.
    If its the taste (I know town supply can taste different to your own well) you could try getting one of those water bottles with the built in filter.
    Once you start it will get easier. I used to love fizzy drinks and would drink them every day. I since learned that they can make you more dehydrated and completely defeat the purpose of drinking to quench thirst!!!
    Good Luck!
  • cslusser125
    Options
    get a fun cup with a straw. i really like tervis tumblers. if you have a large, clear, pitcher.... load it up with some cut up limes/lemons and ice cold water, keep it in the fridge, and challenge yourself to finish the pitcher everyday. works great.
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I have a twenty ounce cup with a straw and just refill it 4 or five times a day. I try to drink 80 to 100 ounces a day. Yes I pee alot but my swelling is way way way down and I notice if I don't drink enough for a couple of days I start to swell up again. So drink up! And good luck!

The straw was really my point! I find its easier to drink it from a straw. For some reason it goes down easier.
    Yes! If I have a glass of water or a "normal" water bottle, it takes me forever to drink it. But if I use one of my water bottles with a straw, I drink so much more and don't even really notice! If I'm sitting at my desk for a while, I'll keep my bottle w/ straw next to me and will absent-mindedly drink it throughout the day.

We can debate the actual number of cups of water you should drink, but at the end of the day, it doesn't hurt to keep hydrated. I find that 8-10 cups usually keeps me feeling good, but listen to your body. Obviously if you're working out and sweating a ton, you need to make sure you keep taking in a lot of fluid. Good luck!
  • MMark2012
    MMark2012 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I hope this will help. :):smile:
    I drink a glass of water first thing in the morning and have every day for 10 yrs now. I drink water throughout the day, and also have a full glass of water a moment before eating supper.
    I remember reading about the good eating and health habits of some famous "stars" back in the day! They looked great even though advancing in yrs. Rachel Welch was one. She stated that she started her day with 2 full glasses of water every day. I immediately decided to try 1 glass every day. I could not see the harm of such a habit, and it made sense to me to hydrate the body first thing in the morning! I have stuck to the 1 glass every morning and one glass a moment before eating supper. then it is easy to add water in periodically after an intense workout, and throught the day.
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Try Lemon or lime juice squeezed in it, that helps a lot. Ask your doctor what he counts as water too. You get different opinions from people here. Me personally, I asked my doc today several questions I asked on here. Water was one, he said "water,iced tea,coffee count,also crystal lite (watch the sodium) all count. But make the majority plain water. All the hints above are great. I have my 24 ounce Cup I carry with me everywhere. I try to drink at least 2 of those. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • lelaspeaks
    lelaspeaks Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I drink 4 glasses when I wake up right away in the morning and then keep a 32 ounce bottle on my desk. I probably drink 12-15 glasses of water a day... not sure if it's good for me at that point... but I tend to have a lot of sodium in my diet, so I try to flush it out.
  • ChrisR0se
    ChrisR0se Posts: 1,855 Member
    Options
    Water enema
  • delwen57
    delwen57 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Water is the best skin conditioner you could ever buy, Think of how your face will look radiant and glowing, and the rest of you nice and soft, it will make the water easier to swallow. Best to drink as much as you can early, especially when you first get up
  • SEC_RULES
    SEC_RULES Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    WATER IS ALL I DRINK NOW. I USED TO DRINK DIET MOUNTAIN DEW'S AND SWEET TEA. I USE THE FLAVORINGS LIKE MIO. THE WALMART GREAT VALUE IS GOOD.
  • buffykaz
    buffykaz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have a water bottle on my desk at work (or at home on the weekends).

This. I also have another one beside my bed at home that I drink from each morning.
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    cucumber slices to water is amazing!
  • Kurls4Daze
    Kurls4Daze Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Try as soon as you wake up in the am. and than before each meal throughout the day that should be enough. take into account the water from fruits and veggies because it matters!!
  • ashleyShades
    ashleyShades Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I drink more water from a camelbak water bottle for some reason. I don't know why haha I guess I like to bite and sip maybe instead of drinking it out of a glass or bottle.
  • ashleyShades
    ashleyShades Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Also, adding lemon or cucumber has helped for me.
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I have a 16 ounce cup that I fill up 2 to 3 times a day. After my work out I drink about 1 or 2 bottles of water. I drink water with my dinner and I always have a glass of water by my bed side. I've never had any issues drinking water. Always been a water drinker. No soda for me growing up. Just drink. Make an effort to just drink :drinker:
  • Lala20112
    Lala20112 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I don't think 8 glasses is a must unless you work out doors in the heat or have vigorous job,excerise is a must for water , just put back what you sweat out. :))