96lbs gone ~

Replies

• KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,219 Member
    Congratulations on your loss...you look amazing! If you feel you need to lose a little more to get to your comfort zone then do it. Only you can make that decision. Either way you look great!
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Great amazing job!! It's good to see these stories - they give me hope!

As far as losing more weight - why don't you focus on body fat percentage instead. Get to whatever body fat percentage you want, and forget what everyone else says. You look really fantastic now, but you know yourself best. I just think referring to it in terms of body fat percentage instead of pounds (at least to non MFP world) may get people to leave you alone!

You should really be proud of all your hard work!

Edited to add: Saw you just posted that that's what you're working on. I think if you tell your friends you're aiming for between 16-18% body fat, you won't even have to mention that you want to lose more weight :) they should leave you alone then!
  • dough21
    dough21 Posts: 216 Member
    Amazing transformation. Great job!
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Wow, you look fantastic!! Great work :D
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Wow, you've done wonderfully!
    I think it's a good idea to change focus, like you said. Then if someone says you look too skinny, you can honestly tell them that you're not trying to lose any more weight; you just want to be stronger!

Or: "Yes, I do think I should be a little larger than I am now, but only if it's muscle!"
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    And I think your hair is really cute in the pic with the headband!
  • So much love here! Thanks everyone! I'm pretty much going to continue eating healthy and exercising like I am and see where it takes me! If I lose more then so be it. My #1 goal is staying healthy and fit.

That's a great attitude to have. You look great, but if body dysmorphia is an issue, just focus less on looks and how others judge you on those looks, and more on how you feel. Do you feel healthy? Do you feel like you're living right? If so, then great! Congrats on all the progress you've made! (and love the gamer stat shirt!)
  • lcloveslife
    lcloveslife Posts: 6 Member
    You are skinny and you look great!!! Keep up the good work
  • val922
    val922 Posts: 8
    You look great ! get to your goal, then make a decision about going further. I have at least 55 lbs I want to lose. How did you do it?
  • I am 5ft 7

I am aiming for 65kg which I have converted to 143lbs.

Now I am thinking 143 is a silly number... maybe I should push to 139.9...... haha!

Seriously when I reach my 143... I will decide if it is good for me based on my body and general well being.

Don't aim for a number necessarily, now you are looking great on your photo... Only you know if you are happy in yourself!

WELL DONE!!!!
  • So much love here! Thanks everyone! I'm pretty much going to continue eating healthy and exercising like I am and see where it takes me! If I lose more then so be it. My #1 goal is staying healthy and fit.

That's a great attitude to have. You look great, but if body dysmorphia is an issue, just focus less on looks and how others judge you on those looks, and more on how you feel. Do you feel healthy? Do you feel like you're living right? If so, then great! Congrats on all the progress you've made! (and love the gamer stat shirt!)

I feel very healthy and I know I'm living right. :) I do still want to get down a little further though and see if I feel better. I'm just going to block out the negative people's remarks on my page and focus on what feels right to me.
    I love that shirt too ♥ It's been retired to a night shirt now though.. it's huge on me :P
  • hwjssc
    hwjssc Posts: 194 Member
    WOW you look great :)
  • korpas
    korpas Posts: 1
    Hi Jess,
    U look amazing!! U should be proud of yourself! People are telling u r getting 2 skinny...well, u r the only one who knows what feels good. Do what feels best, and keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    you look great. Great attitude!!!
  • meabhaline
    meabhaline Posts: 43 Member
    You look great, I agree with everyone else, do what you need to make yourself happy. just listen to your body and stay healthy.

How long did it take you to come this far?
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Fabulous job!!
  • titi4j
    titi4j Posts: 97 Member
    Congrats!!! You look amazing!!!
  • You look great, I agree with everyone else, do what you need to make yourself happy. just listen to your body and stay healthy.

How long did it take you to come this far?

I've been working at this for probably about 2 years(guesstimate!), but only started actually losing weight almost a year ago. I had my thyroid completely removed back in 2010 and I ballooned like crazy after they took it. It took my endo a LONG time to get my thyroid levels semi-normal, which really made it difficult and frustrating to lose the weight. Everything health wise is improving though.. finally!
  • sunnyshine1313
    sunnyshine1313 Posts: 116 Member
    Wow great job! You look amazing!
  • You look great!!! This is sooo motivating for me, I'm currently 5'6" started at 270 lbs and currently at 263 and my goal is 150 so it's nice to see someone somewhat close to my body type/goal!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!