96lbs gone ~

Options

Replies

• poeco76
    poeco76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    WOW...Excellent work....Pretty girl..

I was thinking the same thing...you are gorgeous! :0)
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Yeah--there are those who tell me that I'm "wasting away" (I THINK they mean it jokingly since they've never known me like this so it's all new to them whereas me, I'm just getting back to business as usual and it's what I've always been in my mind, anyway.) I am anything BUT in reality.....I still have 17-24 lbs. to go, depending on the scale, to even get into the "healthy" range for my height and about 37 lbs. to where I want to live which is smack dab in the middle of the healthy range. So I'm not doing anything radical or terrible to my body. It's coming off slow and I'm eating healthy and exercising (more than I really WANT to -- all this do it for 15 minutes or 40 days or whatever and you'll start to love it-- buncha hooey if you ask me. I don't like it, never have, don't expect I ever will. I just do it out of sheer determination because I have to for my own reasons!) so it's all good. Just remember though if people are used to seeing you a certain way, they are going to take some time getting used to the new you. I've even had a few people ask if I am feeling OK cause they are worried it might be because I am sick. No, not at all -- this is intentional and all natural and healthy. Mostly it is people I know have good intentions and hearts for me and just want to make sure I'm OK cause they love me. So I take it that way -- nice to be so loved. :o) Anyway, you look great--way to go and just let the naysayers blow in one ear and out the other.
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    wow!!!! u look amazing!! i so happy for you!! what an inspiration!!!
  • MrsLehman24
    MrsLehman24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You look AMAZING!!!!!! You actually look a lot like Christina Ricci... Nice job!
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You look AMAZING!!!!!! You actually look a lot like Christina Ricci... Nice job!

My thoughts exactly!
  • JessMmmkay
    Options

lol I get that a lot :P
  • magicherry
    magicherry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    that is an amazing transformation! cute outfits, cool nerd glasses, and fishing? you are an amazing young woman! rock it!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

You remind me of the girl Roberta from Now and Then
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work!
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! And your eyes are gorgeous too!
  • danceym
    danceym Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • lamey10672
    Options
    Congrats you look amazing!!!
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    You look great! Don't worry about what your FB friends are saying, shoot for your goal and assess from there. See your doctor and see if he/she thinks its in your healthy weight range. Don't go off of what other people are telling you, sometimes that kind of criticism is fueled by jealousy. You are an inspiration :)
  • ramansingh3
    Options
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! @gogo- I need to block it out more. I honestly have body dysmorphia so when people say these things to me it really makes my self image distorted. I honestly don't know if I should lose anymore. I know I'd still be in the healthy bmi range if I got down to the 130s, and being at 154 I'm at the very high end borderlining on overweight. I think I'd feel more comfortable being somewhere in the middle though lol.

You look fine! You don't need to lose any more weight. You inspire me lose weight.
  • jessies03
    jessies03 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How did you do it? I am having such a hard time figuring out ... how many carbs, proteins, calories, fat I should have. I also don't know how much people have to work out to be successful... any pointers? You've done an amazing job and should be so proud of yourself and continue on your journey. I know that weight loss and maintenance is definitely a lifestyle change, obviously it is something you've done a great job doing. Congrats!!! :smile:
  • HEK5677
    Options
    Proud of you! That is exceptional :) I used to be extremely heavy myself and I lost an entire person in about 3 years. I went from a size 24 to a size 8 and felt wonderful. I got down to a 6 and was very happy.
    I have gained some weight back (about 40 lbs) over the past 18 months and I am geared to get it back off and get back to at least an 8 :)

Way to go!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Good work. As for your FB friends, just remember, you are doing this for you, not them.
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    great job! re: your goal? check w/your doctor. he knows more than me. and likeley more than your friends :)
  • Proyecto_AN
    Options
    AMAZING
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!