Any suggestions for alternatives to potato chips?

Options

Replies

• MegGirl1990
    Options
    Special K Cracker Chips, Seaweed, Baked carrots

^ Agreed. Cracker chips and popcorn chips are tasty. They only have 110-130 calories per serving, and the servings are a pretty good size too.
  • PandaInMaine
    Options
    Snap Pea Crisps!!! I absolutely love them. So tasty, salty and crunchy. And they are super cheap at the store too :)
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Homemade popcorn. If you make it yourself in the microwave or on the stovetop, it has a lot less fat and a heck of a lot fewer calories. Not to mention that it is much cheaper to make, nowhere near as expensive as kale chips, and you can season it however you want.
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Popcorn
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    There are some "chips" that are in the natural food sections of many grocery stores. They are a baked chip that are made out of potatoes, tomatoes, and spinach. They taste like regular potato chips to me :)
    They are called: sensible portions garden veggie chips.
    Good luck :)
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Special K Cracker chips or my favorite Lay's Light potato chips. No fat. Decent on calories. I think they are 80 calories for an ounce. Also, you could make your own sweet potato chips.
  • ZMew
    ZMew Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i just take a potato or sweet potato, slice it thin, add a little olive oil, salt, then a spice you enjoy ( garlic, red pepper flakes, powdered cheddar, powdered onion...) then bake it until they are how you like them.
  • jtjunkie
    jtjunkie Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    If you like BBQ chips the special K honey BBQ chips are a wonderful alternative.
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Special K cracker chips. They come in many flavors and taste great.
  • mgnmsn
    mgnmsn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Yea Sam's has those veggie chips. they are like 38 pieces is 140 calories and they taste just like a chip! I highly recommend them!
  • ZMew
    ZMew Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i have tried those and they are delicious!
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Popcorn in the air popper with a little Molly McButter over the top. Crunchy and salty.
  • thermogel420
    Options
    Original Triscuits. They only have three ingredients and are pretty good, or popcorn.
  • brittshea9
    brittshea9 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My local grocery store had a sale on those new PopChips so I bought every flavor to try out. So far, I've only had the barbecue and they were delicious! Salty and crunchy and dense, almost like those TGI Fridays potato skins chips. They somehow "pop" the potatoes instead of frying them. 20 are only 120 calories. I definitely recommend them. Also, they are all-natural and weren't with the regular chips at my grocery store because of that.
  • Tewsdk
    Tewsdk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Coco lite multigrain pop cakes. They are made of wheat, rice and corn flour, water and sea salt. They are sort of like rice cakes, but lighter and crispier. They have 16 calories, 0 fat, 1 gr protein, 4gr carbs and 5 mg of sodium per 6" diameter cake.
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Someone posted on another topic:

Wonton wrappers, spray with Pam and sprinkle with garlic then bake.

I want to try this, I miss chips sometimes.
  • Nan_
    Nan_ Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Pretzels sticks. They are salty and crisp and a yummy alternative and low in calories.
  • nataliefamily3
    Options
    Apple chips are really good also agree on goldfish, pretzel sticks or,air popped popcorn
  • wisconsinboogie
    wisconsinboogie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Pickle slices....low cal salt fix
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Someone posted on another topic:

Wonton wrappers, spray with Pam and sprinkle with garlic then bake.

I want to try this, I miss chips sometimes.

I did this last night although I just used a little bit of salt and pepper, very nice !