Setting Weight Gain as a Goal

Options
I was just wondering... If I want to gain weight (muscle, from weights and such), and select "Gain..." as a goal, is this site actually guesstimating what I need to do to gain muscle weight, or is it setting me up for 'bad' weight? I don't want to follow it's advice if I am just going to get heavier (which I want) but fatter instead of slim and more muscular. Thanks!

Replies

• loze85
    loze85 Posts: 6
    Options
    I don't see why not... Its great for tracking what you eat and your measurements (weight/size). Plus it's free! Maybe you should look into seeing how much quantities of carb, fat and protein you need... I found this http://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/10-commandments-muscle-building-nutrition.html
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Yep, if your wanting to gain weight to bulk up you need to watch your fats and bump your protein up. Most bodybuilding type routines recommend at lease 1.5 x 2 times your bodyweight in protein consumption. I did the body for life challenge when it first came out, took in 400 calories day at 185 lbs and put on 11 lbs of lean muscle mass and dropped 4%bf in one month. I misinterpreted the directions and was only taking in 10% of my fat , but supplementing with omega 3 fatty acid supplements. I dont recommend the 10% fat from calories. You really have to stick with it, give yourself a cheat day also, but be strict on your intake the rest of the days. It is no different than a weight loss diet. Plan your meals. I used to make six meals(including protein shakes) every night and would take however many I needed to work, ate about every 2-3 hours and was absolutley ripped but more muscular. But God did I hate everyone around me eating pizza, burgers, etc..and I was eating chicken breasts, tuna, baked potato with mustard as a topping...was happy on my cheat days though but still felt guilty on em. Lots of good advice out there on the web. Remember if you do protein shakes your body can only metabolize so much, the rst gets lost in urine etc..