Is is normal to weigh more after you workout?

Options
I always weigh less in the morning. I know it is normal to weigh more at night, but is is normal to weigh more after a workout?

Replies

• TammyKeaten
    TammyKeaten Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    anyone know?
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Yeah that's normal, your muscles tend to swell up after a workout causing a slight gain. But it's only temporary!
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh less after my workout, by a difference of about two lbs.

I think I sweat it out.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Yup. I was going to weight myself tonight after my workout and my mom was like, "Dont do that! Your blood is increased and everything swells!" It is better to wait till before your workout for sure.
  • beckysliva
    beckysliva Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other post. Health research suggest that our muscles have tiny tears which increase inflammation and retention until they heal. Drink plenty of water to flush the toxins and stretch, stretch, stretch! Good luck w/ the remainder of your journey!
  • TammyKeaten
    TammyKeaten Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I think I will restrict my weigh ins for mornings only, before working out!:wink:
  • qball1949
    qball1949 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Weigh in once a week,same time,on the same scale....anything else is madness..

Google "Why the scale lies".....
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I always weigh less in the morning. I know it is normal to weigh more at night, but is is normal to weigh more after a workout?

your weight can fluctuation by several kilograms/lbs every single day
    That's why people recommend you weigh once a week, at the same time, and not all the time
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    You should weigh more after exercising if you are adequately re-hydrating your body while you workout. You may even find that your weight is still high the next morning after lifting weights - your muscles tend to retain water while in recovery mode.
  • erinpooh
    Options
    I weigh less after working out.