Started a week ago and haven't seen any loss?

Options
124»

Replies

• wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    When I started my weight loss journey I paid more attention to measurements, pics and how I felt instead of what my scale showed me. Measurements & pics motivated me sfm 'cause I could see a lot of changes even though I didn't always lose weight. So I recommend to spend less time with your scale :) You really should start taking body measurements and pics if you don't already do that.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    what is the alternative? Does quitting you mean you gain weight and treat yur body like crap? That doesn't sound like a good solution on any level. We all make our choices and then pay for them. The longer it takes for you to make the choice to take care of yourself, the harder it gets. Believe me when I say it was a lot easier to lose weight at 20 then it is at 40 and I really wish I had MFP at that point in my life. One week is not enough time for a life change. Patience is the name of this game. If you don't want to play, you lose, plain and simple. Either you take care of yourself and feel great, or you don't and don't. Sounds like a really easy decision to me. You will pay for choosing to give up in more ways than one.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Stop setting yourself up for failure. One week is an unrealistic expectation. Be consistent and be committed to getting healthy. Buck up buttercup.... You got this....
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    This is what seperates the women from the girls. Keep at it. It takes longer than a week to see results. Weightloss doesn't work the way we want it to all the time, just because we put effort into it doesn't mean that it's going to translate into automatic results. Now is a good time to evaluate what you're doing, and what could be done differently to help you achieve your goals. Already, eating to your macros and calorie goals? Try exercising more. Food diary not quite where you want it to be? Look at what you're eating. Could it be cleaner? Could it have less salt? Could you drink more water? Also, use the fitness and nutrition forums for ideas and motivation. There are tons of resources on here to get you where you want to go. Weightloss isn't easy, you have to want it, and want it in such a way that you prioritize it and stick with it. Otherwise, you will get discouraged and you will give up. Don't be a quitter. Use your tools to your advantage. Good Luck.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Losing weight  is an investment in effort and time as well as in your health. Its pays no money...but it does give a return. You cant put it in the bank but its one you can see as well as feel. There is no greater investment you can make that the one you make in yourself. PATIENCE. Any good investment takes time to mature.  You have your whole life ahead of you. And the reward is worth the cost.
  • FitFab71
    Options
    Awesome response
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    keep trying, it took me 3 weeks.....
  • juli_jones
    juli_jones Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    read my profile......
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Consistency over a long period of time!!! Stick with it and practice patience!!!