Anyone have results from Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred?

Options
2»

Replies

• benandme
    Options
    Thanks all. Today is L1 Day 6 for me. I have noticed my endurance is better, but the jumping-jacks are still tough. I didn't measure on day 1, but will today.
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I completed her body revolutions and had amazing results. Feel free to look at my photos. I live Jillian only thing I heard that wasn't gray was people getting bored with 30ds doing the same videos in a row, that's why I loved BR. Either way Jillian's great and if you stick to it you will see results!
  • carfamily08
    Options
    I did the entire Shred in November and into December last year. I took rest days so it took 39 days to do all 30 days (10 days on each level).

I lost 10lbs (156 to 146), I started out with my size 10 jeans still a bit snug but was comfortably wearing a size 8 by the end. I also went from wearing a large top to a medium and dropped a band size on my bra as well. I lost several inches total (can't remember the exact number, but it was mostly in my torso area).

I've moved on to Ripped in 30 and lost another 7lbs and another pants size since and am starting to fit into size small shirts.. Not to mention a huge change in my endurance, flexibility and strength. Her videos are AWESOME!
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I only lost a few pounds when I did the 30 day shred, but I lost 9 1/2 inches! I finished the workout before Christmas and I just bought Ripped in 30 that I am starting today.
  • Roamerrosebud
    Options
    I used the 30DS before and did lose some weight with it, but I was also doing other exercises including a Zumba class once a week and counting calories and watching what I was eating. I look at it this way....regardless of how much weight you lose on it, using it means you're exercising and if you watch what you eat at the same time...good things have to happen eventually. I understand being in a slump though, I also had 3 months where the scale never moved, that is hugely discouraging. Good luck to you.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I got really odd results from 30 day shred, and other JM videos.

My stomach isn't as squishy, and my muscles seem to stick out.

Weird.
  • L14nDv
    L14nDv Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The 30DS and Ripped in 30 have helped me lose at least 6kg and my waist went from 30 inches to 26!! I am so tight and toned I love it. I have about 6 friends now doing it as they are so impressed with the results. If you type 30 day shred results into google you get literally hundreds of before and after pictures from people. Lots of people have been keeping diaries of progress on you tube etc. I found this all very interesting and motivating when I first started. I am so glad I took my measurements before I started!!
  • tutti777
    Options
    Are there any good DVD's out for someone my age, 60, with limitations? I have chronic pain issues and just had surgery (arthroscopic) on both knees in the last 2 months. I don't want anything that could potentially hurt my body. I've been that route (over exercising) and never intend to do it again. I would like something that would help with toning, especially my flabby underarms. Thanks ladies...
  • L14nDv
    L14nDv Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    @ tutti777 Possibly have a look at the Jillian Michael's workouts on youtube and pick out the exercises you would feel comfortable doing. You can look up her workout by searching for "jillian michaels 30 day shred level 1" and you can have a look for things that will be useful. Obviously squats and things will be out for you as your knees are healing but you may find a few useful ones to help tone. She always gives an easier beginners version of each exercise. If you have a set of lightish hand weights ( or just use water bottles) you can do arm exercises. If I find any other good workouts I will give you the links
  • tutti777
    Options
    [quoteThank you so much for the information. Yes, I have 3 lb. hand weights.
    @ tutti777 Possibly have a look at the Jillian Michael's workouts on youtube and pick out the exercises you would feel comfortable doing. You can look up her workout by searching for "jillian michaels 30 day shred level 1" and you can have a look for things that will be useful. Obviously squats and things will be out for you as your knees are healing but you may find a few useful ones to help tone. She always gives an easier beginners version of each exercise. If you have a set of lightish hand weights ( or just use water bottles) you can do arm exercises. If I find any other good workouts I will give you the links
    [/quote]
  • choface
    choface Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have finished day 6. I have lost 1.5 lbs. I think the results will be great.
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I gained weight (kinda) while on 30DS - in my after photo I'm about a pound heavier.

PhotoGrid_1354167591409.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1354167182409.jpg

Stick with it - and TAKE PHOTOS or at least measurements.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    The first time I did the 30DS was back in like August. I lost I think 3-5 lbs, but I lost more inches (like 5 around my waist and hips). I had recently delivered my 5th at the end of May, so I was still recovering when I did her video and was taking it easy.

Today I am L1D5 and it's a lot easier this time around. I have gained 3 lbs, but I think a lot of it is water retention from my muscles hurting.

I have lost inches already in only 5 days and I've got 25 more days to go. I did it consecutively last time and will do the same this time, so I'm pegged to finish on the 31st.

I'm taking measurements and a weekly picture (side and front) to track my progress. So far, my jeans are fitting me just right whereas a week ago they were tight (muffin topping).

She's annoying, but she gets the job done.

I'm also exercising an additional 30 minutes a day too. I either do Just Dance 4 with the kids for 30 or I just got the new Zumba Core for Wii and did that for 30 minutes (LOVING it!).

I'm also much more conscious about what I'm eating now that I'm no longer breast feeding (just weaned the 7 month old) so I don't have to worry about getting in enough food for him.

Stick with it, you'll be amazed!
  • shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've only done 6 days in the past 2 months, and that isn't because it's too hard or anything, I just find myself doing other things, like going to the gym every day and roller derby. I'll do 30DS if I'm stuck at home for some reason and the gym is closed. I got frustrated though because my measurements weren't changing at all last time I did it for like 8 days. i know i need to give it more time. i'm thinking of maybe doing the 6 pack one instead though because really the only thing i want to change is my definition in my abs.
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 and not as sore today as I was Saturday and Sunday. I am extremely out of shape and find the jumping jacks very difficult but am trying my best. Gonna do level 1 for 30 days (or until I am comfortable with it) then move on to level 2. For those interested in trying it, I found it free on u-tube. just google 30 day shred.
  • aspiretobe2000
    Options
    I am on day 3. I am really out of shape and the cardio is really difficult. Determined to keep going. Today was easier than yesterday
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I've done it before but going through all my JM dvds again (one week per level of ea. dvd)
    I'm waiting to weigh myself till I'm at least 3 weeks in
  • shortdotty
    Options
    So great to see people getting results here. I have also tried it before but never really saw any results ;( but this time im going to be a bit more dedicated and hoping to finally see change and keep the discouragement of myself from holding me back.
  • heyroach
    Options
    today will be Day 7 of Level 1 for me. I have lost 3 lbs so far. I don't do it every day- I do 2 days, then 1 day of cardio, then 2 days again. I started on January 8, 2013 and have had 1 day of rest since then from exercise altogether. My cardio has been salsa dancing or The Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD.

I find that Day 4 was definitely the worst for me, Day 5 was not so bad and on Day 6, my endurance was unbelievably better. Don't give up!

I have also been using the My Fitness Pal app to log all my caloric intake and trying to eat healthy for the mostpart- so I'm sure my weight loss is attributed to both the healthy eating and the 30DS.