30 Day Shred (January 2013)

Options
Sooo... I was planning on starting it the 1st of February but I suddenly have a lot of time on my hands and want to start tomorrow (Jan 8th). And I definitely need support/company. I've tried doing it twice before but something always comes up halfway through and I REALLY want to do it the whole way through this time. (I've seen before and after pictures and the results are incredible!) Anyone want to join me? Pleaseee? :)

Replies

• Annadel
    Annadel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Ok let's do this. Am the same way somehow I can't finish it....
    Let's start tomorrow!!!
  • dianita01
    dianita01 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Oh, you're awesome :) This is great!!

Do you plan on doing the 30 days straight through, or taking a day off here and there?
  • Annadel
    Options
    Thanks for accepting my friend request. So we in from tomorrow? To keep each other accountable, should we send a personal MSG after doing 30 day shred?
  • Annadel
    Options
    Let's take a day break as we need but goal to finish in no more than 35 days! Am excited. Have been just procrastinating since last few weeks.....
  • kiksayv
    kiksayv Posts: 10
    Options
    Hello!
    I just did it tonight, day 1.
    Ugh it had parts that were really hard.
    Never heard about it and saw someone talking about it in the success stories thread.
    Good Luck!
  • What is it? 30 days of snowboarding in a row?
  • Annadel
    Options
    It's a great workout.. I have tried it thrice to finish it. I lose motivation by day15...
  • dianita01
    Options
    The sending the message part sounds good. We should weigh and measure ourselves tomorrow, too. If we get excellent results at the end of it that'll be all the motivation we need for the next time around lol.

And I know what you mean- holidays really throw everything off. I stopped counting calories on the 24th of December and only started again this past Friday- I'm paying for it now though...

I'm gonna try not to take a day off cause I'm pretty impatient with results, but I may if something comes up. Shall we make it a rule not to take more than one day off a week? I feel that's how I've gotten in trouble before, when I take too many days off in a row, I give up. Not good.
  • dianita01
    Options
    kiksayv: You're in for a world of pain. I always have trouble walking the first couple of days. But it's a good kind of pain, obviously, totally worth it. It should be even more worth it if I can stick it out. Good luck to you, too!
  • dianita01
    Options
    What is it? 30 days of snowboarding in a row?

It's Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD work out. You should take a look at results people have posted online, for reference.

It's actually not that bad. It's a fairly intense three level 20(ish) minute workout and you're supposed to do each level for 10 days at a time without taking too many days off in between for better results. i hear very good things about it!
  • Oh, okay, thanks! I'll look it up :)
  • SharonBluntz
    SharonBluntz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I actually started today! It kicks my butt every time and I end up quitting but I'll do this with you!
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    The Best part is its one of the best workouts
    The Worst part is U somehow lose the motivation & even I couldnt complete it I went to L2 & then broke up in the middle though i started 3 times :bigsmile:

Give a suggestion as to how we keep motivated til it ends??? may be this is a good idea that as soon we finish our workout we post it here that we did it & at what time of the day & how we felt :smile:
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Is it available online or something you have to buy? I've heard of a ton of people doing this and I would like to but my husband would kill me to buy a workout dvd..
  • hadenoye
    hadenoye Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I will start tomorrow. This will be fun!
  • DeterminedAshley
    DeterminedAshley Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Girl, you can watch it on YouTube for free! :) also starting the shred tomorrow :) I also bought Wii fit, Wii fit plus, and zumba for even more exercise. :) I'm going back home after a 3 week long break and vacation from college. I feel like hell, can't wait to be back on track! Add me everyone! We can do this. :)
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I started on jan 1st and took measurements right before. My starting weight was 272. I've done it 6 times so over halfway through level 1. I've only lost 1 pound so far. And i'm not finding it to be very difficult so far, but thats because I take a class at the y that is much harder 3x a week and it's 55 mins. I'm looking forward to level 2 and hoping it's more comparible to the class I already take.

If I am finding level 1 too easy should I continue it 4 more times before graduating or move up to level 2? I was thinking I could move up now and doing levels 2&3 12 times each instead of 10.
  • fkmeimfamous
    fkmeimfamous Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everybodyi! I started Day 1 on 6 Jan .. was brutal. Couldn't really get through the whole thing. Day 2 was a whole lot better, like a bazillion times.. of course my body is so sore now that any bending of leg movement = ow.

Hope Day 3 is easier.

I think the most I've ever done is a stretch of 10 days where I did some of L2.. so yes, definitely need some buddies to be motivated to continue this!
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Girl, you can watch it on YouTube for free! :) also starting the shred tomorrow :) I also bought Wii fit, Wii fit plus, and zumba for even more exercise. :) I'm going back home after a 3 week long break and vacation from college. I feel like hell, can't wait to be back on track! Add me everyone! We can do this. :)

I'm going to have to try this then! Anyone feel free to add me and we can keep each other motivated! I just started night shift again so I'll prob need the extra push..
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Good luck with 30DS!

I did it for 60 days and ended up 15lbs lighter and two dress sizes smaller, you can do it!