Best way to eat avocado?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My pre MFP fave way was to mash it mix with pepper and vinegar and spread on hot buttered toast

Now I like them chopped and mixed with prawns and eat with salad
  • Blackbird16
    Options
    I normally eat them a bit of tomato and salt or with my soups :)
  • eclare87
    eclare87 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    -Chopped up with black beans and salsa, maybe even some grated carrots for more fiber

-Chopped up and stirred in black bean soup with hot sauce and salsa if you like

-Fresh slices in a turkey wrap or on top of a spicy black bean vegetarian burger patty

-Chopped up and added to a few scoops of cottage cheese for breakfast.

-In a spinach salad with tomato and grated sharp cheddar

Enjoy!
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I love my mine mashed with a little lime juice, salsa, chopped tomato, salt and pepper for a quick and easy guacamole.
  • davelink
    Options
    on toasted bread with salt pepper and hot sauce
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Wrapped inside of a california roll ^.^
  • rawfull
    rawfull Posts: 178
    Options
    I love it on beefsteak tomatoes, with a dash of sea salt... Yum... My favorite meal...

Avocados are high in fat, and it can be substituted for even olive oil in cold dressing recipes.
    Great on a veggie sandwich too...
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    One of the best ways I have had avocado was when we were in Bali - fresh avocado sprinkled with a good soy sauce infused with sliced red hot chillis. I still have it like that - much to the amusement of my husband.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Cut it in half, remove the pit, lightly salt it, eat with spoon or fork.

Seriously legit just like that.

I used to be scared of them but now I absolutely love them.

This ^^^^ As plain as possible with salt and pepper - maybe a bit of lemon juice
  • rawfull
    rawfull Posts: 178
    Options
    I came across this recipe site with a section called "avocado obsessed" with loads of yummy looking photo recipes...

http://www.skinnytaste.com/search/label/Avocado Obsessed

Enjoy...
  • nyssa1231
    nyssa1231 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    i grew up eating avocado in a shake, with sugar and milk. i still make that from time to time.

one of my favorite lazy lunches is hummus with avocado on the side. i just cut it up, sprinkle salt, lemon juice, and nutritional yeast. num!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I sell produce for a living and I also have an avocado tree in my yard and you can't go wrong with eating an avocaodo mashed up on a sandwich with turkey, tomato lettuce sprouts or any other thing you want to add in. We have chopped pieces of avo in our salad nightly and of cousre you can alway make some guacamole by adding onion, tomato, pepper, garlic and a bit of either a fresh diced chile or some hot sauce for flavor.

the fruit has to be ripe to eat and peel. gently push on the skinny end of the fruit and if it has some give to it it should be ready, cut it in half, then twist the halves apart. cut the half in half again. grab the skin at the top or skinny end and carefully pull the skin away from the meat. if it's a ripe hass variety it should come away without much effort. any other kind,and there are many, it could take a little extra careful effort to peel the skin and not destroy the meat.

AND there are times when if the fruit is good and ripe and the meat is a little darker cause it's got good oil then I just eat pieces without anything else.
    Great info!!!
  • kikaysikat
    Options
    This might be new to you guys but here in my country we drink avocado as a shake
    We blend it with ice, add a bit of non-fat milk or soy milk then sweeten with natural honey
    really creamy-nutty and delish