Coffee????

Options

Replies

• Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Tried plenty times, but just can't do it. Switched to hazelnut milk to, 29 cals for 100 ml which is plenty for the coffees I have throughout the day, and it gives the coffee a lovely roasted nutty flavour! :-)
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I love coffee with cream, but I calculated it out one time and realized that just by cutting out half and half, I'd lose 5 lbs in a year. I usually drink it black now. If I get coffee in a sit-down restaurant, I might use one of those little creamers, but I used to use two or three per cup. I also add some cinnamon sometimes. I've tried it with skim or other milk and it's just not worth it. It just turns the coffee gray.
  • krissa3670
    krissa3670 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I used to drink both tea and coffee with milk and two sugars. Now i have black coffee with no sugar and on the odd occasion tea with milk but no sugar. When someone puts one in by mistake omg i nearly choke on it its sooooooooo sweet, i cant stand it at all with any sugar in. It took a little while to get used to black coffee with no sugar but i love it now. Wouldnt change it back.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    I drink just black these days due to when I diet for shows I miss the coffee and sugar. Just makes life easier and yes I now enjoy it just black.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I tried. I really did. I just didn't enjoy it without milk and sugar. I wanted to spend my calories elsewhere, so I found other methods of caffeine delivery.
  • PicklePlum
    PicklePlum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I went from 1/4c half and half, 3 tbsp of sugar, 1 pump of chocolate (no joke) to nothing. Not even stevia.
  • leahestey
    leahestey Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I didn't ditch my cream and sugar. I use non-dairy powder creamer and Splenda. It's 62 calories for 2 tbsp of creamer, Splenda, and coffee. It would be lower if I got the fat free creamer.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I have, and it's still a hit and miss for me. At work I can drink it black, but the first cup of the morning, I use a little less than a teaspoon of agave, and just enough skim milk for color.

But I agree with your sip rule! Towards the end I was able to deal with it haha.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    dude fat free/sugar free creamer literally has like 25 calories a tablespoon....is that such a waste? i mean unless youre used to using 1/2 a cup a day in creamer..
  • SMK683
    SMK683 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I cut back to one cup instead of two. Coffeemate Fat Free is 25 calories per Tablespoon. I replaced the 2nd cup of coffee with plain hot tea.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee like I like my women: weak and full of liquor
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love black coffee after having taken up a job working for a major coffee company.

Try adding pure cocoa to it, or try adding extra/virgin coconut oil. The health benefit is great from the oil.

http://www.naturalnews.com/036156_Coconut_oil_superfood_healing.html
  • supermoo2
    Options
    I haven't gone black - but use skimmed milk - 0.1%fat. No sugar. If you find it hard to cut out sugar, cut back 1/2 teaspoon at first and continue with this gradual reduction about every 2 weeks.

If you find you want to cut down on the number of cups, alternate 1 cup with some water - helps to gradually cut down.

I now have max 2 cups - but most days it is only 1 and occassionally none.

I have 1/2 - 1 cup of tea per day.

Other than that I have fruit infusions and water. Keeps the fluid intake up and healthy, and I don't rely on caffeine - actually makes me enjoy the coffee more when I do have it.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I like my women like I like my coffee.

In the kitchen!!!
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking black coffee for years. The key is to buy coffee that isn't stale or burnt. That 1 gallon jug of "Colombian" ground coffee from Walmart isn't going to taste good without cream and sugar. Invest in some decent coffee. There's lots out there. Some people like Green Mountain. Some people like Starbucks drip coffee (although I STRONGLY recommend you go with their Blonde roast - the others will taste burnt). I get my coffee online from a site called Coffee Fool. Wherever you choose, go buy a few good brands and see what you like. Once you start drinking good, flavorful, non-burnt coffee, you'll never go back.
  • loves86
    loves86 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I usually have mine cold...almost like a frappe...with the little bit of unsweetend vanilla almond milk, vanilla protein powder blended with ice...when I do have hot coffee though it is usually black with half a packet of stevia
  • teller36
    Options
    I havent been brave enough to try it but considering it...Best of luck to you!
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I use sweetner and coffee mate. or I found international delight mint chocolate truffle creamer thats soooo good and not many caloires or fat
  • fnm101
    fnm101 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    In the U.S. some people call half-and-half (milk + cream) "creamer." There are also non-dairy products (powdered or liquid) called "creamer" that mimic milk.
    I love coffee and used to always have it with tons of milk but then I switched to black a few years ago and much prefer it that way (although I still always get capuccinos/lattes/mochas when I'm in a cafe). What exactly is creamer?
  • Kelogik
    Kelogik Posts: 58
    Options
    Yes! Before logging I use to dump both creamer and sugar into my coffee. When I did start logging, I cut myself down to 2 tablespoons of fat free creamer. Then one day, like you, I just went all the way black and it took me about a week before I decided that I actually really like it, lol.