Top 10 Things I Hate About the Gym!

Options
1235»

Replies

• questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    8. People who get naked in the locker room (seriously, people?)

If I can't get naked in the locker room, where am I supposed to get naked? Isn't that where I am supposed to be changing?

Now, I'm guessing you're referring to people who seem to just "hang out" in the locker room in the buff or whatever, but of course I am going to get naked while changing! I turn my back and don't go walking around nude making everyone uncomfortable, but I'm not going to shirk off to a private stall just to toss on my sports bra and t-shirt! Talk about time-consuming.
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    1. Stinky gym-people... I understand people can't always smell GOOD at the gym (duh), but seriously, I like a little space, and it seems like the only people who DON'T understand that are the ones that smell really, really badly.

2. Cooties. Yeah, I actually typed it. You SWEAT in a gym, people come SICK at the gym, and there's cleaning solution on stands everywhere for a reason. Wipe off your darn equipment already!

3. Guys who walk around flexing, giving you "the look". Ladies, you know what I'm talking about.

4. People who try to start up conversations with you when you're wearing earbuds, lifting weights, or on cardio equipment, and attempting NOT to make eye contact.

5. People who lift extremely heavy amounts of weights because it looks impressive, but don't use correct form... Not impressed a bit.

I could go on and on, but those are my biggest pet peeves. =)
  • ldupless
    ldupless Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wellll...I didn't mean for this thread to bash the person, its more of the actions that are somewhat annoying!

I'm sorry if this offended you =[
  • ericac
    ericac Posts: 2,679
    Options
    I guess I go to a super gym because I just don't have most of these problems....Yay me!...:smooched:

I do find it very funny just how many people are offended by others being nekked....lol:laugh:

My only gripe is the rare occasion when someone is walking 15 miles on the treadmill....and it's 80 degrees outside (here in TX).....when I want to run on it...but I guess they think I should run outside too...lol..
  • ccharlebois
    Options
    at our gym, we have leather couches in our change room.some of the larger old men sit in them bareass.or in the sauna or steam room.c"mon people, lets be a lttle more respectfull of others
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    When I'm doing the weight machine circuit and I'm on my last set on a machine when someone walks up and cuts in to use the machine next in line, that I was about to go on next!! If you aren't doing the whole circuit, it doesn't mean you can just cut in wherever you want, you should wait for the person doing the circuit to finish! Besides those are always the people who do like 10 sets and wait a full minute between sets!
  • charliecat
    Options
    The first day I signed up and had my initial health assessment (this was last year) , the girl who was doing the paperwork with me had some kind of vanilla or chocolate scented body spray or something. Of course the smell was driving me crazy. My mind and tastebuds were screaming "heck with the gym, lets go get some chocolate"! Perfumes and nasty scented deoderants are my pet peeves in a gym. I go for the unscented deo, myself! It's difficult when you are going at it at the eliptical or something and someone shows up smelling very strong of their cologne or perfume - can't breath!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    When I'm doing the weight machine circuit and I'm on my last set on a machine when someone walks up and cuts in to use the machine next in line, that I was about to go on next!! If you aren't doing the whole circuit, it doesn't mean you can just cut in wherever you want, you should wait for the person doing the circuit to finish! Besides those are always the people who do like 10 sets and wait a full minute between sets!

I have to admit it, I'm a bouncer. But I don't sit on a single machine through all my reps, I go back and forth between 2 different machines, say between the leg press and the assisted pull up machine. Then I move to the next open machines. It's not a cut in front of you on purpose kinda thing.