exercise that easy on the ankles / feet?

Options
Hi all! I'm new here... :smile: I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old, and a full time job as a counselor. 6 months ago I fell down some stairs carrying the baby, and while I protected her head from the concrete we landed on I did a number on myself. I ended up with one sprained ankle/foot and the other ankle was dislocated and broken in 3 spots. Needless to say, it was a loooong rotten summer. I'm all finished with PT and am solidly back on two feet again. I have some residual pain in my ankles/feet but really feel it would be resolved if I lose the baby weight I was still carrying around. I figure being literally lighter on my feet could only help, right? :wink:

So I've had my first week on here and my goal was to just try and log all my food for the first week. I did decent, missed a day of logging over the weeked because we were on the go the whole time. Any suggestions on how to stay consistent over the weekends?

Also looking for suggestions for exercise that I can do that will be easy on the ankles? I'm all healed and what not, but mentally I imagine my ankles just collapsing out from under me or something. So I think I need to start off gently and build some confidence. My previous cardio loves were Zumba and step aerobics, and I was a runner once a long, long time ago. I'd love to return to those activities eventually, but I'm having a hard time figuring out where I can start now that will get some weight off to help my feet/ankles...

Replies

• Narla444
    Narla444 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    What about swimming?

I used to sprain my ankles almost every summer during soccer, I used a LOT of balance & wobble board exercises to strengthen them.
  • sevin2
    sevin2 Posts: 19
    Options
    That's a good idea... I'm in Western New York, so it's out of season for outdoors right now, and there closest YMCA is about 40 minutes away, but I think the school in our town opens their pool to the community, I'll have to look into their schedule! I've been debating getting a balance board for home, to continue some of those exercises to strengthen my ankles on my own too... Thanks!