HELP. I need something sweet. Need... CHOCOLATE D:

Options

Replies

• tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i am only a week into this and know what you mean. 3 choc covered girl scout cookies are 130 calories. and two sugar free choc pudding is just over 100 calories. it helped for me. im thinking about getting a bad of something just to stick in the freezer. choc in small serving sizes is not that horrible if you work it in your calories for the day.
  • territhefrog
    territhefrog Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Popcorn sprinkled with some cocoa powder and a little Equal. Not exactly the best tasting but it helps my chocolate cravings.
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Why don't you eat some chocolate then? I have dessert every day, and I'm always fine on my macros and and calories. Just have a little bit of dark chocolate if you like it, buy things like chocolate coins, where you get 8 in a serving and have to unwrap each piece, it's really easy to have a big bar and eat the whole thing. So no matter what only take into the room where you will eat it the amount you will eat, and put the rest away, that way it's not there tempting you.
    I find if I deprive myself of things like snacks, and chocolate then I end up failing because I go way overboard and then I give up. So I just have a little bit of something every day, and like today I was going to have a skinny cow ice cream bar, but then I just mindlessy had a bite of 2 different things that put me at where my fat should be (so it's 0) so I didn't have my ice cream bar because I don't want to go over on fat. But it's okay because I know it's always there and I can have it if I really want.

Chocolate, even every day, is fine in moderation. If you would rather eat more in 1 sitting, then have it once a week or something, I'm content having 1 truffle (50-100 calories depending on the type) when I want like a "real" chocolate experience, and if I'm okay with something less "real" I opt for like the skinny cow bar (100 calories and low fat) or a tates chocolate chip cookie (90 cals) just work it in ahead of time so you don't go overboard.
  • aynhagenbarth
    aynhagenbarth Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love to make the chocolate pudding, It is awesome when it is warm! also hot cocoa..such a great idea! saw a recipe on here for that and I think I might do that myself
  • Alyssa__Lauren
    Alyssa__Lauren Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    If I ate no chocolate ever again I would probably shrivel up and die D:
    Just have a tiny piece. Moderation is key ;)
  • Pikachv
    Options
    mix hot water cocoa powder and a little splenda it makes a great hot chocolate!
  • mom2rpkp
    mom2rpkp Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    12 semi-sweet chocolate chips and a glass of milk. Make them last as long as possible.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    A hershey bar is only about 210 calories. I burn more than double that jogging for just a half hour. I work out just so I can eat chocolate. Everything in moderation. Why live life without chocolate?
  • SStrauss79
    SStrauss79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Deep chocolate chocolate Vita tops...They are in the freezer section at Wal Mart by the healthier stuff. Put them in the microwave for about 20 seconds and they are so delicous...about 120 calories also.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Why not get some frozen yogert or some low-fat/no sugar ice cream. A tablespoon of chocolate syrup is 50 calories, which usually satisfies the craving.
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    100% dark cacao nibs in a mug of hot water with peppermint leaves. Steep, and enjoy!

Or, try Righteously Rae Divine Chocolate Mints. Sweetened with organic agave nectar. 60 calories.

80% to 100% cacao actually has antioxidants and healthy polyphenols in it. Adding milk (as in milk chocolate) or sugar (as in regular processed candies and baked goods) destroys its beneficial qualities.
  • SarahG1664
    Options
    I eat sugar free Jello pudding, the chocolate flavor of course! Only 60 calories! :)
  • Xanadar
    Xanadar Posts: 23
    Options
    Eat chocolate, add a year to your life. Men who ate modest amounts of chocolate up to three times a month lived almost a year longer than those who didn't in a 1999 Harvard study of more than 8,000 people. And in a 2009 study from the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, patients who had survived a heart attack were 44% less likely to die over the next eight years if they ate chocolate up to once a week, versus none at all. Other types of candy did not seem to have any effect on longevity. Preliminary studies have identified the most beneficial part of chocolate: flavonols, the antioxidant found in cocoa beans. To get the most flavonols, say researchers, stick with dark chocolate.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate squares.. eat 1 serving..

I tend to reach for peanut butter too... it's quick and simple and even the natural stuff is enough to cure almost any sweets craving I have!
  • awallace807
    awallace807 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    My fix is a chocolate dipped strawberry. Melt the chocolate. Dip. Wait for it to harden. (Drool.) Savor the taste like it's the last food on Earth. About 25 calories per berry and super high in antioxidants especially if you use dark chocolate!!!! Four berries will do the trick and you will be satisfied--it won't bloat you--and there's even some fiber to keep blood sugar from going completely haywire.
  • sarahlm20
    sarahlm20 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My trick is to have a few squares (1-3) of DARK chocolate, it tastes good, stops the cravings and you can't eat much of it because it gets too sickly as its strong tasting.
  • djk721
    djk721 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Cheerios!!!!

3/4 c. = 100 cal.

I use the flavored cheerios for my snack alot! Even better? Mix the chocolate Cheerios with the peanut butter Cheerios!
  • misspezeddy
    Options
    Chocolate covered antioxidant fruit at Costco....I ate a lot of those in Hawaii while losing weight....a little larger than an M & M but tasty and you can eat about 5.
  • kathyslamm
    Options
    check out Katie's recipes on chocolatecoveredkatie.com. She writes a blog about Healthy Desserts and her recipes are simple & delicious!