Im so over this.

Options
I'm over the fat. It seems like no matter what I do it just wont leave.

we have a nutrionalist here in the clinic who comes and talks to us and tells us what to do. I'm listening to him. keeping track of calories taken in and burned. making sure im under my calorie limit needs according to my activity level. making sure i eat breakfast and snack on healthy stuff throughout the day so that I dont gourge at any one meal. making sure lunch is my biggest. hitting the gym for a minimum of 30 minutes of intense cardio everyday. i get at least 8 hours of sleep and i work in a hospital so im not really under any intense stress that cant be handled. i limit my alcohol intake and if only let myself slip on the weekend. no candy, no soda, no junk food, no fast food, no coffee.

what is it that im not doing or that i need to be doing instead? I really just dont understand why im having absolutely zero results.
I even tried the ultimate reset from beachbody and only lost one pound.

help?!

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at it?

It can take a GOOD 4-6 weeks to see results...

And are you tracking your calories with a scale? Measurements can sometimes be the devil.
  • jlefebre6001
    Options
    try skipping your first or last meal so you can eat more calories at your other meals. works for me.
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    My first question is: do you eat between your BMI & TDEE? My second question: do you strength train (properly, with dumbbells & barbells, & adding resistance/ intensity as it gets easier)? Eventually cardio is going to stop giving you results. Also, you should be tracking inches instead of pounds.
  • olsondre
    olsondre Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Can't see what you eat, so not sure what to tell you. Maybe, you are expecting results too fast
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm over the fat. It seems like no matter what I do it just wont leave.

we have a nutrionalist here in the clinic who comes and talks to us and tells us what to do. I'm listening to him. keeping track of calories taken in and burned. making sure im under my calorie limit needs according to my activity level. making sure i eat breakfast and snack on healthy stuff throughout the day so that I dont gourge at any one meal. making sure lunch is my biggest. hitting the gym for a minimum of 30 minutes of intense cardio everyday. i get at least 8 hours of sleep and i work in a hospital so im not really under any intense stress that cant be handled. i limit my alcohol intake and if only let myself slip on the weekend. no candy, no soda, no junk food, no fast food, no coffee.

what is it that im not doing or that i need to be doing instead? I really just dont understand why im having absolutely zero results.
    I even tried the ultimate reset from beachbody and only lost one pound.

help?!

I am unclear why you say you have "absolutely zero results" when the ticker on your profile indicates you have already lost a few lbs. What exactly are you after?
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating each day? You may not be getting enough.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    No coffee? That will never work! lol
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    If things are stuck. mix it up. Your body gets used to things and requires less energy to perform the same functions.. so you plateau.
    I have been gaining and losing the same pound for months. Also the closer you are to your ideal weight, the more work is required to get there.
    Measure everything.... record everything..... You got this!!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    how many calories are eating a day?

define "intense cardio"

do you do any other work outs ..strength train, circuit train, etc..?
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    If you dont have health problems then youre eating more than your burning. Log your food religiously.
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Tue 01/08/13 09:38 AM
    No coffee? That will never work! lol

Exactly what I was thinking. lol
  • goingwithgrace
    goingwithgrace Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I actually had to go into the customize settings and drop my carbs. That seemed to help me get going the last time I did MFP. (I lost 25 lbs and then fell off the wagon and gained back 20 - now I'm back on the train for 2013).

You might also want to talk to a trainer just to make sure you're getting a high enough burn through cardio and then your strength training. Strength will keep your muscles burning calories throughout the day. And you don't have to do weights. Yoga is a great strength workout. Your arms will feel like Jell-O! :)
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    If you dont have health problems then youre eating more than your burning. Log your food religiously.

This is so true. Because if you leave stuff out here and there, it REALLY can add up.
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    My first question is: do you eat between your BMI & TDEE? My second question: do you strength train (properly, with dumbbells & barbells, & adding resistance/ intensity as it gets easier)? Eventually cardio is going to stop giving you results. Also, you should be tracking inches instead of pounds.

Ding. And, your diary is closed.
  • goingwithgrace
    goingwithgrace Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I forgot - you can also try something like the Nike Fuel Band. I just ordered one and I have two co-workers who have found great success with it.
  • TeresaWash
    Options
    I was stuck for 6 weeks... I mean did not move an ounce and I was busting my butt and eating healthy. My Nutritionist suggested strength training. I started a "Body Pump" Class 3 times a week.... within a week my weight started to move.

So Frustrating sometimes.... just don't give up. It's bound to move eventually!

Good Luck!
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    If you spent 1, 2 or 3 years eating junk, then don't expect results in a fraction of that time. It takes MONTHS and YEARS of hard work and consistency to reverse years of the bad habits.
  • booker2shoes
    booker2shoes Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Teresa, how do you log your Body Pump classes on MFP? I am new to this site and also do BP 2-3 times/week. not sure how to record it in my exercise log.
  • AverageAngel
    AverageAngel Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Traditional nutritionists are idiots! A) When you really get fed up, you will change what you put in your body.
    B) Weight watchers will get you where you need to be until you can realize what constitutes as "NUTRITION".
    C) I was on a severe, severe plateau, until I ditched the gluten. Wheat. It is not a gimmick. It is not low carb. it is NO WHEAT.

And ... try this on for size. You simply should not lose more than 10% of your body weight in a less than a 6 month period~ take your weight times .10. Subtract that amount from your weight. that is an obtainable goal. It stays off if you go easy at it.
    You need 100 calories per pound per day. I am 180 pounds. I want to weigh 170 pounds. I limit my calories to 1,700. that is a small enough deficit,that I can manage without really getting ridiculous. It is easy to do. Chipping it off permanently little by little.

I am sorry you are feeling defeated. And Everyone has an opinion. This is just mine. I just feel for you because I have thought the same things.

Once you understand we are ALL fighting a body image issue: I am too fat. /I am too skinny/ I want bigger muscles to feel sexy/ my tummy is huge/ my butt is flat... you can start focusing on you.
    Chin up , and face it . You CAN reach goals you set if you want it. Until then, we complain about how bad it sucks.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    If you spent 1, 2 or 3 years eating junk, then don't expect results in a fraction of that time. It takes MONTHS and YEARS of hard work and consistency to reverse years of the bad habits.

QFT.