Coffee????

Options

Replies

• deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Try using milk instead of cream AND DON'T use artificial sweetner - you might be skinny, but you'll early from some strange cancer!! Try using palm sugar (found in bulk barn, costco or health food stores) it does have the same cals as white sugar, but it has a lower GI index which doesn't allow your blood sugars to spike so dramatically. and you can use it 1:1 the same as you used white sugar.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I've gone from never drunk coffee ever in my 40 years on this here planet to coffee with full cream only to coffee with milk to it may as well be black within a year.

Black is OK, I've got used to it :)
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Try using milk instead of cream AND DON'T use artificial sweetner - you might be skinny, but you'll early from some strange cancer!! Try using palm sugar (found in bulk barn, costco or health food stores) it does have the same cals as white sugar, but it has a lower GI index which doesn't allow your blood sugars to spike so dramatically. and you can use it 1:1 the same as you used white sugar.

Look out! The splenda is coming to get you!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Two years ago, I said I would NEVER drink black coffee. Now I mostly drink black coffee. I sometimes have a nonfat latte, but those are so rare these days. I truly love the taste of black coffee.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I went black when I was what, 15? And never went back.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee. I drink it with a tbsp of flavored creamer and I enjoy every sip. It's 35 calories, and 3 grams of fat and I work it into my daily plan so it's a non issue.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    And on a side note I'm really surprised no one has said : once you go black you never go back....lol
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I switched to black when I had given up dairy under the guidance of a naturopath about 2 years ago.

In that time I've also become a bit of a coffee snob I guess. Not that I'm committed to only one brand/store, but I'm talking roasts and the like. My coffee has to be a dark roast, and I like it strong, not just brown water.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I hear ya on the diet coke/Aspartame thing.

That stuff does some weird stuff I swear, calories or not ....
  • squirrelythegreat
    squirrelythegreat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee black most of the time. Sometimes I add cinnamon (delicious) Creamer is reserved for treats / holidays lately.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Oh...I forgot about Christmas coffee....that includes a shot (or 2) of Bailey's Irish cream. YUMMY!
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    No way could I give up my coffee and definitely could not drink it black. I'll take mine with sweet n low and flavored creamer. I don't worry about it taking up too much of my calories because I usually don't eat a big breakfast.
  • PoisonDartFrog
    PoisonDartFrog Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee, but drink it black - no sugar, no sweeteners, no creamers, etc. I've tried to cut it out, cut it back and increase water intake, but become a "raving *****" when I do and get headaches. So now, I continue to drink black coffee and try to add water to my diet later in the day.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Strong and black - that is how I take my coffee.

2 tsp instant decaff coffee per 'mug' (approx 250ml).

Philistine.... :wink:

I do have to keep my intake down to maybe a couple of double espresso's a day though... otherwise i get awful littery by the evening :laugh:

currently half way through a pack of Jabberwocky Espresso Blend from Hasbean - http://www.hasbean.co.uk/products/jabberwocky-espresso-blend-mk1-2013

I'm afraid I got to be a bit of a Coffee-Tart when I lived in Italy for a while...:wink:
  • Tuten210
    Tuten210 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I actually just started to drink my coffee without creamer this week and it really isn't that bad. I am slowly adding less Splenda and tomorrow is the last of the Splenda in my house...so it will be truly 'black' from here on out. It really isn't as bad as I thought... so I think i'll be able to stick with it!
  • nadz6012
    nadz6012 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I can't drink my coffee black, a few splendas and two tablespoons half and half make it to be 40 calories, I think that's not too bad. You could even use something like skim (1 Cup is like 90 cal so 1/4 cup = 23) or almond milk ( 40 cal per cup unsweetened) and make it for less calories.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Switched to black many years ago, now I only add milk if the coffee is bad. I also make an iced latte using vanilla whey protein powder.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I prefer my coffee black but every now and then if i'm at a coffee shop cuz those are stronger strength n still have the coffee flavor with the cream and flavorings I will crave one. Then I just drink one and limit it to one per day like that and work out longer to make up for it.