Re-introducing myself :(

Options
I am Kara. A year ago I lost 50 pounds using mfp. I have gained 35 pounds back. I had a really rough year and went back to turning to food for my happiness. I am back and ready to finish what I started!

I went and cleaned out my friends list and am looking for friends on here to help. I'm starting new and would like some new friends.

I am 30 years old, married with 2 children. I run a small daycare out of my home and it is such a challenge for me to actually find the time to work out. I used to work out during nap time but I no longer can do that. I'm looking for inspirational, motivating friends to help me on my journey ( again).

Replies

• kristenleewarren
    Options
    welcome back!! you can do this :D
  • timetoletgo
    timetoletgo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i too am looking for inspiration, feel free to friend me.

good luck,

kari
  • nack_23
    nack_23 Posts: 154
    Options
    You got this!
  • solbchgal
    Options
    Hi! Welcome back. Don't be too hard on yourself that you are back again...you know you can do this! You proved yourself before you can do it again. Chasing around a bunch of little kids must burn a lot of calories..maybe somehow while you are watching them you can add a few lunges, squats etc. Even short bursts of exercise add up throughout the day. I'm somewhat new here..feel free to friend me, I too could use some inspiration.
  • suesue92
    suesue92 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can do it! :)
  • sevin2
    sevin2 Posts: 19
    Options
    Good luck to you! Two kids is so much more work than one was, I am the first one up and the last one to bed everyday and barely find time to think much less work out. But somehow, someway I'm going to figure it out! I'd be happy to share ideas and support if you need a friend! Good luck to you!!
  • jenn2162
    jenn2162 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Think postive!! You are back and moving forward. I am new on here (I did WW in the past) feel free to friend me. I have 2 boys a 10 year old and an 8 month old. I have over 100 lbs to lose! I lost 60 before and gained it all back plus more when I got pregnant. GOOD LUCK!!!
  • geekmomof3
    geekmomof3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have 3 kids and work full time.
    I have gained weight from all of my pregnancies (4 in 6 years one lost baby at birth). I am done with having the mommy body.
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You can do it again! I sent you a friend request.
  • gvdoliver
    gvdoliver Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Imagine how low you'd feel if you didn't bother going for it again! The hard bits over and like me, back on track! Lets do it!
  • Sharita0427
    Sharita0427 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am Kara. A year ago I lost 50 pounds using mfp. I have gained 35 pounds back. I had a really rough year and went back to turning to food for my happiness. I am back and ready to finish what I started!

I went and cleaned out my friends list and am looking for friends on here to help. I'm starting new and would like some new friends.

I am 30 years old, married with 2 children. I run a small daycare out of my home and it is such a challenge for me to actually find the time to work out. I used to work out during nap time but I no longer can do that. I'm looking for inspirational, motivating friends to help me on my journey ( again).

Hi Kara... 2012 was also a rough year for me. I lost my mothers last year & have gained about 50lbs since her passing on top of already being heavy from having a child & never losing the weight. I will be 30 in 2 weeks & am at my highest weight ever.

I too have 2 children (6 & 3) as well as a full time job. Its so hard for me to get up an exercise. I'm exhausted when I get home. We can help each other on our journeys. Feel free to add me.
  • Caletagirl
    Caletagirl Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    We are all in it together :)
  • fionadasein
    fionadasein Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Congrats on returning to your goals to live as happily and healthfully as possible! :)

If it's hard to set aside large chunks of time for exercise, start a game... how many pushups/situps/stair climbs/<insert challenging exercise here> can you do in a two min break? If you do this several times throughout the day and vary your activities, you'll be amazed to see your strength, stamina, and body transform in tandem with a healthy diet!

Warm wishes and good luck! Or more aptly, good choices! :)
  • monicabuc1
    monicabuc1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! Sent friend request. :happy:
  • fervc64
    fervc64 Posts: 53
    Options
    welcome back and good luck
  • Iloveeyore78
    Iloveeyore78 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!! You can do this! Please feel free to add me for support!!!! Together we can accomplish anything!!!!
  • lhinds85
    lhinds85 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and feel free to add me. I'm starting back as well and need new friends
  • muderfocker
    muderfocker Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the same story for me. Lost 40 using mfp and gained half back......now I'm back! I'm very motivated to make it stick this time around. Feel free to add me. :)
  • karenboy29687
    karenboy29687 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, you can totally do this! I reached my goal in October, and have been maintaining ever since, but I find that using MFP keeps me honest, and on track. I'd be happy to have you as a friend!
  • roxyz925
    Options
    Hello all! My name is Roxanne, I am 47, married and not so active. Just need to lose 25 pounds and heard this was the place to be! I complete week 1 successfully and lost 2 pounds but now need help with meals so I am not eating the same things all the time. Hope to get to know some friends and share ideas, recipes and stories!