5'5 women-opinions wanted on weight

Options
13»

Replies

• KeriAnn06
    KeriAnn06 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Why not just set short-term goals of, say, 5 lbs, and see where you feel you look the best instead of choosing a random number? Or even consider body fat percentage goals along with it?

I think she wanted advice from ladies; body fat is a bit different with lady parts. Thanks.

Your body fat percentage can still go down with "lady" parts as you say. :s Its actually a fantastic way to gauge your progress rather than using a silly scale that doesn't take into account water weight, building muscle etc.
  • jeniireland
    jeniireland Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 5 and was trying to figure this out a while ago. I found online that the ideal weight is 125lb, which I am not :S
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Depends on your frame and what you consider "too thin". Maybe you can just start losing and stop when you think it's enough.

If this helps at any way, I'm 5'4.5 and 113 lbs (small frame).
  • angeleigh_1531
    Options
    I am 5'5 and have a large frame - I also have the curvy shape and large "assets" - I love my shape and assets and I would hate to lose them, but after having twins, I gained so much weight I have to lose over 125 lbs to get down to a healthy weight. All them women in my family are built with large frames and if we get below 135 - 140 we look very sickly - my goal is to get to 145 -150 and keep my assets. Like many of the previous posts had said, in your case, I would make small goals and with each goal decide if you are happy with your shape or if you want to continue. It is really about how you feel in your own body and what makes you confident, happy, and healthy. :)
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    As most people have been saying, work on toning, get into the 120s and see how you feel about it.

That said, keep in mind, if you are lucky enough to "keep your figure" that will add weight. Breasts, for example, have weight. So do wider hips. So your best weight might be slightly higher than someone without those features.