Options
kelly_a
kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
Good Luck everyone !! :flowerforyou: :heart:

Replies

• CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! Sorry I've been MIA. Things are crazy busy around here. I started a new position at work and I'm too busy to get online now. That used to be where I did most of my stuff. At home, I have to fight DH for the POS computer. Since I got a nice fat raise to go with the new job, I think a new laptop or netbook is in order very soon. Hands off DH!!

I weighed in today at 213. I think it is actually a bit up from last week (sorry I didn't get on here to post). I've been trying to do this without using MFP to calorie count and I guess that isn't such a great idea. I didn't think I was eating all that bad. I've been exercising everyday. I wake up and walk with Leslie through the week. On the weekends, I've either been walking or cycling.

I leave for my cruise next Thursday!! I'm so excited. I've never been on one before. Heck, I've never really seen the ocean or the gulf. Plus, it is just my best friend and I going. We haven't spent that much time alone together in probably 6-7 years.

I hope everyone it good!
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Crystal - congrats on new position. Enjoy your cruise. My best friend is heading out tommorrow for her cruise w/her family. I haven't been on a cruise either -- would like to do someday.......

Weighed last night prior to my wrap appointment. Was 168.4
    Wrap wise, immediately I lost 2+ inches. I always lose .2 of a lb immediately after the treatment. The trick is keep the inches off which is my biggest challenge. I will say during the 30 minutes of "cook time" the heat across my stomach felt good.....

take care.
    b
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Pepper's,
    Well I really did not expect to loose anything this week but my weight was 197 this morning, that is a 1 pound loss, I will take it. :laugh:

Have to get back to work, hope everyone has a great day, check back later. :bigsmile:
  • kelly_a
    Options
    TGIF!

up 1 lb this week....193.4

HI CRYSTAL!! been missin' ya girl! congrats on the new job and the pay raise! Yay! dh got me a new pc/laptop for xmas.....I love it! take it all over the house...Jealous of your ship~trip next week! How FUN!! I have never been on one.....on my list of things to do! Way to go on keepin' with the exercise!

Hey Barb ~ good job on the wt and inches lost! Is that wrap thing for your whole body? sounds wonderful.....kinda like a whole body hug, with heat! ahhhhhh.....

Cindy ~ yippy, down a lb!! every lb adds up! Nice job!

I am still very tired, and feeling stressed today. :yawn: Went to a wake last nite for a cousin. My own parents hurt my feelings at this event....:brokenheart:

Big weekend here. My twin niece and nephew (God children) are having their 1st communion, it is my Sr son's Prom, and we are preparing the Graduation invites to send Monday. One month from today....YIKES!! :noway:

Enjoy your Friday team, and I'll try to check in when I can! Have a great weekend! go SHGP's!! :flowerforyou:
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Afternoon Pepper's,
    Did get a 10 min walk in today, just ran to the bank for a client, not even counting it. Kelly I went through the graduation thing last year and now my son is in college, feel old now :sad: But they still need us :laugh: My sister got a great deal on his laptop, now I want one too, so in a couple of months I hope to save enough to buy one.

I am going to start some of these challenges tonight, now that I just work Saturdays I can get some things done I have been putting off. Like my lack of exercising, laundry, cleaning :laugh: I feel so behind.

Well back to work, check back later. :bigsmile:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    hello Peppers:

I lost nothing this week (and i am okay with that) still not eating much but i am at least trying right LOL...hope everyone is doing good
  • kelly_a
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!! Hope you all had a great weekend, and could get out and enjoy some good weather.....if you had some! Prom went good for my ds, cept the restaurant I suggested turned out to be a disaster. They even missed an hour of the dance. :frown: Worked on grad announcements most of yesterday....hope to mail out in the next couple of days. My craft lady wants me to bead some jewelry for her May shows.....don't think I am gonna have time. Bus trips are starting to come on, during the day...field trips. Our last day is May 28!! Might be going to the tulip festival in Pella, Mother's day weekend...something I have always wanted to do.

Didn't do very good over the weekend, so gonna try harder, startin' now! Hey Jacque, are we gonna have a challenge for the week?

Take care and have a good one SHGP's! :flowerforyou:
  • jacque509
    jacque509 Posts: 978
    Options
    Hey all!
    Sorry for the MIA. My Grandmother passed Thursday night and kinda of been in slow moe all weekend. Mom came home Saturday night, very late ended up eating at 9:30 at night at Olive garden and totally ate my way thru that stress with the family. Sunday went to church and got a new lift in my sprit but I be darn the devil played havoc at Sunday night dinner with the family. So two family get together in one weekend so you got it ate like a pig.
    On the bright I got up and spent an hour at the gym before coming to work, really cleared my head. So glad I dragged myself there.
    Ok no suggestion on the challage so let try this for a week. Everyone say no to one thing daily!! and then post it! What ever that thing may be, like no to a carb food item, no to a peice of chocolate or what ever that weekness is. No to blowing off that one workout routine, on saying no to driving to the mailbox instead of walking. I know it don't sound like much but it is really harder than u think! REMEMBER TO POST IT!! BE ACCOUNTABLE!! Sometimes we forget to remind ourselves to say NO!
    Oh what memories!!! I love the Tulip festival in Pella!! I still look at the picture we took there. Now don"t laugh I still have my wooden shoes with the pretty windmilss and tulips painted on them in my closet. I refuse to get rid of them had them since the 70's! Oh that town was so pretty back then and the parade was great. I hope you have a great time!!
  • kelly_a
    Options
    Jacque ~ so sorry to hear bout your gramma. I miss my gramma so very much, and she has been gone 9 yrs....may God comfort you and your family during this time....you will always have special memories with you....*cherish* :heart: hugs and prayers from Iowa dear friend :flowerforyou:

I love the challenge too! I should be able to post daily....so will have to see what my weaknesses are this week....as someone is likely to pay a not-so- fun visit....:grumble:

Go team!! Let's get back in groove and work some wt off this week! We can do it!! Yay us!
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    HELLOOOOOO all!:flowerforyou:
    JACQUE &KELLY~:I am so very sorry for your losses. Let me know if you need a big shoove from me to lift your days! OK :smooched:
    Barb~You have written about the wrap proccess before and it always sounds like so much fun! Would love to know more about it and if you were to drink a lot of water does the weight come back fast?
    Went to the tulip fest here this weekend with the kiddoooooos and LOVED it! the flowers are out and about the lillacs are smelling up my house....they usually make me sneezy but they smell soooo sweet this year!:flowerforyou: MY favorite time of the year! planing flowers and watching them pop up!
    Took the pooches down to the beach today ...walked there....not a LONG walk but all in all it was over and hour and about a mile or more total! proud..now i have 2 exhausted pups LOL
    well gotta take the monster girl to the doctor right now to see what is going on with the grass and her swollen eyes:(
    Will check up later! Fixed the glitch in the computer so I will be able to be on more often!
    HUGS! and keep today HEALTHY!:love:
  • kelly_a
    Options
    my challenge......well, 2 "NO's".......I had my snack today and wanted more.....salt...crunch.....then after supper, the same thing....but I felt the green team on my shoulder....pulling me through. was barely under my cals....so didn't get my bedtime snack.

hope you guys had a good day....take care
  • butterfly0516
    butterfly0516 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey Peppers,

Sorry I've been mia for like over a month. No excuse...just kind of down and not wanting to do anything with food or exercise.
    So here I am getting back on the wagon again. It is kind of depressing how often I start over. But here goes and one of these days my start overs is going to last longer than a month!

Weight 237.

Good luck all!
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    HI all from my work trip in MA. Did use the hotel gym, steam room and spa.

I'm not able to hook up the wi fi thus trying to type on phone. My fingers want to

go faster.
    Jacque sorry for your loss. Its tough...
    Miss v...unsure. was suggested to drink water prior. I am desperate to beat the tape for work fitness test

Will end. I did say no to food at the social event. Yeah...
  • jacque509
    Options
    Ok so did really good yesterday, even stayed under my calorie after dinner and a dessert!! yay!! So I decided to go to Target and Walmart to look around instead of sitting at home and watching tv. OMG (goodness) I got sooooo hungry at 10:00 at night. And so knew I would not be able to sleep hungry. McDonald at Walmart was SCREEMING my name. Walked right pass it and never looked back! By the time I got home I was like what do I have to eat? Carbs everywhere!! So ds made me a class of water and said I will make u a snack. the sweetness made some really thin (paper thin) slices of chesse and a couple of pickles. My first reaction was this is not enought. My ds looked at me and said I love you mom, goodnight and closed the door. So I smiled ate my little snack and went to bed. Was only over by 33 calories the best day in a very long time.
  • jacque509
    Options
    Hey Peppers,

Sorry I've been mia for like over a month. No excuse...just kind of down and not wanting to do anything with food or exercise.
    So here I am getting back on the wagon again. It is kind of depressing how often I start over. But here goes and one of these days my start overs is going to last longer than a month!

Weight 237.

Hey gurl glad to see u back. We all been there!! u get there soon enought. this week challage is saying NO!! say no to one thing a day and post it! Be accountable for your no. Take small steps, focus on changing one thing a day. I used to try and do to much and I would burn out. Kelly would always have to remind me to take it slow and if u just change one thing a day it get easier as u go along to add stuff. We are here for ya

Good luck all!
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    HI! Skated yesterday so worked off some cals, then had a bbq which wasnt bad....ae a small chicken breast.....first meat in forever and it was good. drank a beer and had a skinny cow icecream:)
    Today gonna go workat the school so I dont know where exercise is gonna get in today it is rainy yucky again:( BOO and I pulled a muscle in my leg yesterday when i was skating i fell on my new skates:( but gonna rest it a little!
    Hubby came home for lunch today and said..I love you skinny lady as he left:love: WOW he was saying how I look so skinny today:flowerforyou: WOW got a big head now! LOL
    Have a good one!
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Miss V - what sweet words out of hubby's mouth!

Jacque - glad to hear you had a good day and avoided some food pitfalls.

Today, I said NO to the cookies, cakes, brownies and pie on the afternoon break.

I used the gym at the conference center -- did the elliptical, pool, steam room, sauna, nautilus (upper body) and the hot tub.

I really watched what I ate at the buffet breakfast and lunch. I did have one drink w/dinner. Overall, I did well.

NO to the cookies, cakes, brownies and pie -- I ate the grapes instead.
    Take care.
  • kelly_a
    Options
    HI team....yesterday started out good.....I had a great 3 hr visit w/my best friend. :smooched: really needed that! food was bad after I got home from my pm bus route.....so things a bit mixed up in my *No's*.....Yes, to chips and cookies and NO to the *no* and No to exercise. will plan my day better startin now! :bigsmile:

Sr. son was fired after 3 days of his rock/farmer job.....very long story, and my ds is upset...but nothing he can do. the new "kid" (who is also the supervisor) just started, has no experience and younger than my son is a friend to the farmer. I'm just glad to say my boy is not working for a farmer who allows unsafe working conditions, for kids who have never been around farm equipment. My son never had a problem the previous 2 yrs with the job, the kids or the working conditions, so I am trying to get my son to understand that it is NOT him. He deserves to be treated with respect and concern for his safety. The farmer only knows one side of the story, so that is fine, his loss....wait til someone is injured and he is going to court.

SO, I am happy that you guys are all doing good. Glad to see Christie back here!! Been thinkin bout Angie. Her time is getting closer for that little one! Excited!! Vita, I love the new pic!! FUN!

time to tackle the house chores......UGH!

have a good one ladies and make it count! master today!
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Good Morning Pepper's,
    I have been out of action since Sat. night. I am back in work today. Had a migraine for 3 days, have not had one of those in years. Feeling much better today. I was under calories for a couple of days (had to force food or would have been sick). Well gotta play catch up at work but will check back later after my walk. :bigsmile:
  • jacque509
    Options
    So swam at the gym for 30 min yesterday, oh my used muscle I havent felt in a while haha. So I said NO!! to another sloppy joe (really wanted one) and to desert too YAY!! was actually under calories yesterday YAY!! but was over by 3 on carbs got to work on that. So heres to a new day peppers!!!