getting rid of my bad habits and looking for some friends!!

Options
Hi everyone, I'm Millou!

I'm 18 and I realized that I've always been a "curvy" girl. I weight 76 kg (I'm french, I don't know the lbs system, sorry :) ) and even if I try to act as I didn't care, I never feel totally at ease.
I would like to lose 17kg. I'd love to feel comfortable in a bikini with my friends on the beach, or be able to wear any kind of dresses. It is kind of superficial but we're 18 only once in our life, right?

I started MFP in september, but with my first year in college beginning, I lost my motivation to lose weight. With the New Year, I realize I needed to take at least one good resolution , so I want to do this properly. :happy:
I need encouragment and some good kick in the butt, feel free to add me!
(and sorry for the mistakes I will probably write in English)
Merci beaucoup!! :wink:

Replies

• roiLEI1554
    Options
    welcome to mfp. hi, i'm robyn and also 18!
    i can totally relate with the bikini and dress comment :/ (especially since i'm in my last year of high school, *ahem* prom!)
    i'll send a friend request; add me if you'd like!
    and good luck on your journey (:
  • wandarb
    wandarb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Millou

Welccome to MFP, this is only my second day here.

I met with a dietician yesterday who recommended this site and I am loving it. Yesterday I had my first binge-free day in ages and that feels good.

Millou, while I am old enough to be your mother or possibly even your grandmother, it would be my pleasure to encourage you on your journey--you can do this.

I wish you a successful and joyful journey and all the best with your studies.

Warmest regards

Wanda
  • NHStarling
    Options
    I'm on my 2nd week of dieting. I lost 7 pounds last week but this week is slower weight loss. I would like to know what foods can increase my carbs. I get too few of them and too much protein. I would like to balance it out. I plan on losing about `100 pounds by december 2013. That's my goal. Nancy
  • Millouthelion
    Options
    I understand Prom, even if we don't usually do it in France, I was in a high school were we decided to do it (american way ;) ) It was a struggle for me to find a really pretty dress, I did found one, but it wasn't the one of my dream, you know, you want to be the prettiest etc. ;) and I hope you will have the prom dress every girl wishes. Bonne Chance!
  • wildflowerklc
    wildflowerklc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love this site! The key to doing well is having motivating friends. It's amazing how good it feels to lose one pound and have a bunch of comments of praise! Also, when you are having an "off" day from dieting, its nice to have motivating people with ideas to help you get through it. I have a tool for you to easily convert kg to lbs in case you are ever wondering what someone's weight is on here. :)http://www.metric-conversions.org/weight/kilograms-to-pounds.htm
  • Justkritter
    Justkritter Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP! I say having your own personal motivation and a good support system will help you towards your goal!
    I'm gonna add you up and accept if its cool.!