Options
lizp114
lizp114 Posts: 202 Member
has anyone tried this program...if so how is it working for you

Replies

• jenniferlynn2477
    jenniferlynn2477 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it, but my question would be how long can you do this? And if you do it for a time period how is your body going to react once you stop eating these things? Will you put the weight back on?
  • Krissy_b777
    Options
    I did try it once. It was expensive and troublesome for me. They just leave the food sitting on your porch if you are not home. Yes it is in the vacuum sealed cold pack, but if you are on vacation or not expecting it, you will come home to a mess and would have spent money for nothing. Those diets did not work for me because I can't eat what I don't like no matter how good it is supposed to be for me. There was a choice of different foods, but they were all horrible! Except the desserts. Believe me, it is not worth the money. You can cook that stuff yourself and it would still taste better, you will save money, and be happier.
  • mindyahart
    Options
    I have found Weight Watchers to be a helpful program to use. You eat real food and have freedom to choose. MFP is the closest thing to WW without buying a WW membership. :)
  • jayenomics
    jayenomics Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Nutri-System tastes like dog poo. It's also full of preservatives. While it's portioned out and will help lose weight, it's not healthy eating.
  • tutti777
    Options
    I did this program 5 years ago or so and I thought most of the meals were very tasty. It is very convenient but costly. And, you still have to purchase your veggies, milk, fruit, etc...so it does add up. I cook one way for me and another way for my husband so it helped me out in that aspect. I prefer "real" food and it is better for you.
  • maritza140
    Options
    I tried it a couple of years ago. Bottom line: hated it.
    Reason 1: Expensive; which I wouldn't mind so much if the foods were good - but I didn't like most of them.
    Reason 2: The foods were too salty for my taste. And they really played a number on my stomach.

To me the experience was not good at all, it was a complete waste of money and the weight loss was not significant at all.

I have had much better results using MFP than any pre-packed meal plan out there.