Back again... Looking for support

Options
Hi everyone. I signed up last year and stuck with logging my food and exercise for a few weeks. I was doing well and was loosing, but then... I stopped and gained the weight back. So I'm back and looking for suport. I have a really bad habit of getting off track when I start seeing results and don't want to do that this time!

Replies

• jfarber85
    Options
    My dear, I am in the same boat! I need some support from someone who won't be an enabler! My mother, husband and I are all dieting and sometimes, feeling sorry for ourselves and one another, will let each other "cheat." I need someone with a clear conscience and won't be afraid to kick me in the *kitten* when needed.
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • mcdomi
    mcdomi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am in exactly the same boat! I plateaued last year, and then got discouraged and gained it all back and then some.

I'm trying a low-carb approach this time, something different for me.

Good luck to you, I hope we all do great in 2013!
  • mikeyrs
    mikeyrs Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to help anyone. Just send me a friend request and open your food diary for viewing. Feel free to visit and view my profile if you like.
  • pzinzn
    pzinzn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I lost a fair amount of weight a few years ago and I'm trying to lose again after pregnancy. My advice is to try to keep thinking of the reason you want to lose weight. Either to be healthy or prove to nay-sayers that you can do it or whatever. Shallow as it is, right now I want to lose weight to rub it in my sister's face after she kept mocking me for the weight I gained during pregnancy.
    My other piece of advice is to have a cheat day. Pick one day a week where you will allow yourself to eat anything you want. It helps because if you're craving something, it's a lot easier to put it off for a few days than until you've lost the weight and also it keeps your body from entering into starvation mode. At first, you'll eat a lot of food, but after you keep it up for a while, the amount you'll want to eat when you can eat anything will drop a lot. And it just kinda keeps the cravings in check. Maybe you really want that treat, but then after waiting for a couple days, do you still want it?
    Oh, and it's very important that you schedule the cheat day. So you can't pick which day it will be every week, it has to be set in stone. For me, I like having Friday as my cheat day - people at my work often go out for lunch on Fridays so it's easier to join in, and it also allows a night out where I can enjoy myself without having to go into work the next day.
    Good luck to all.
  • MizzJuicy
    Options
    Welcome Back! I think we joined about the same time last year, and probably disappeared at the same time last year too. :cry:

I too am trying to get back on track. We can do this!:smile: