Women with c-sections and a lot of weight too lose

Options
13»

Replies

• anitaplus4
    anitaplus4 Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Bump. I have had 4 C-sections and I have been wondering the same thing.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I had 2c-sects and then a VBA2C- wondering too!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I looked through my pics and found some side shots.

8333632541_30b15c1f26_q.jpg
    sept-dec by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

the picture on the right is in September at 199 pounds...the middle is right around thanksgiving at 196 pounds...the right is just a few days ago at 195 pounds.
  • jheiser822
    Options
    Ok, I am new to the program and am looking for some support and advice. I am the mother of an 8 month old son, and I had to have an emergency c-section. I am totally not comfortable with how my appearance is because while I have been as heavy as I am before, I have never had the pouch that came after my c-section. I want to lose weight and be fit so that I can chase after my little one, but I also want to feel comfortable in my own skin. Does anyone here have any advice or tips on anything from diets to exercises that worked for them??
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have had 2 c sections ten years apart. I have been down to 132, and I know I will always jiggle in my belly. I want a tummy tuck. I have 25 pounds to lose still after my last c secion 4.5 years ago. I can get down to where my stomach is just fat around my belly button area and the tiny flap over my scar, but that is the smallest I have ever gotten my stomach. ITs permanent on me.
  • LovergirlSheena
    Options
    I'm curious too. I've had both of my girls c-section and still have a completely numb section to the left of my belly button. I wonder if that will effect my ability to lose weight and tone my stomach. I just want to fit into an 8 again.
  • tweetymom8
    tweetymom8 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If all you have is a pooch, I highly recommend googling Tupler Technique. I ordered the book, the video AND the belt. I tried it after losing 15 pounds, with 10 pounds left to reach my goal. I wore the belt day and night and only took it off for bathing. That is hard to do in the heat, so get it now while it is still winter. I still try to suck my navel in "till it touches my spine", as often as I remember. This is easy to do while driving or anytime you are sitting upright. The results were amazing. I went from a size 9 jeans to a size 5, in just 2 weeks. I did go on to have a tummy tuck done anyway. I had loose saggy skin that looked like a giant *kitten* hanging off my navel, and had a hernia repaired then too. Getting my abs in shape and tummy smaller made the skin look even worse. Being in good shape and at target weight is the smartest place to be before surgery. If you do not have ugly wrinkled skin like I did, you would probably be very happy with Tupler Technique, and never want surgery. If you want to research tummy tucks go to realself dot com. It is a great site with real people posting their actual experiences, survival tips, online support, and results. You can also post questions and have surgeons answer them, as well as research info on surgeons in your area.

btw I had 8 kids, 2 by c section. The largest was 9# 7 oz. I am 5' 1" and weigh 124 now, down from 149 when I started MFP.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I have had two c-sections and have lost just about 50 pounds and am "done" loosing. My stomach is pretty flat. The lower part is a bit uh.. loose still but I'm hoping that will tighten up when my body catches up to weight loss and with my new fitness regimen which includes a lot of pilates (killer for the abs!!) and heavy weight training. I'm only 5'2 and have a short torso.. my big babies did a number on my stomach! It's totally possible though.
  • MissJS1983
    MissJS1983 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I know this is an old thread but I just had to comment. I have a total of 112lbs to lose, and 97lbs left to go, I am 1 month into sorting myself out. Starting to feel great. But. I have a slight concern about the pouch that I know I will have after the weightloss, I had my c-section 6 years ago. I am considering that at the end of the journey I will have some sort of surgery. I dont know how I would feel if at the end of my journey I was to end up with this huge saggy pouch.
  • gailmelanie
    gailmelanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Having a tubal ligation should not affect your weight loss in any way. It does nothing to your normal functioning except create a scarred, fleshy barrier to sperm getting through the fallopian tube to your eggs. It would be different if your ovaries had been removed.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I had a c-sec 9 years ago and my tummy looks beyond awful BUT I also spent the last 8 years morbidly obese. I think being significantly overweight has much more to do with the state of my belly that the birth of my son did. :)
  • gailmelanie
    gailmelanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    As an OB nurse I can tell you that it is pregancy, not c-sections, that change the appearance of your abdomen. I had two vaginal births and no c-sections, but I, too, have the dangling flap of fat and skin stretched out by both babies. I have observed other women in the gym who are not overweight, but who have a skin flap that hangs down. Their bellies are otherwise flat. There is really nothing short of surgery that can be done about the skin. It is true that yours skin elasticity is probably something that is hereditary and certainly is individually variable. You have what you have, in that regard, and there is nothing that will change it. The goal is to increase fitness and health. If it also improves appearance and skin tone, that's bonus.
  • Nancy_AZ60
    Nancy_AZ60 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I know this is an old thread but I just had to comment. I have a total of 112lbs to lose, and 97lbs left to go, I am 1 month into sorting myself out. Starting to feel great. But. I have a slight concern about the pouch that I know I will have after the weightloss, I had my c-section 6 years ago. I am considering that at the end of the journey I will have some sort of surgery. I dont know how I would feel if at the end of my journey I was to end up with this huge saggy pouch.

The surgery is intense. My sister who is about 50 lost about 100+ lbs and has had 4 surgery's in 2 years. If it were me, I would take it slow, do the tummy tuck and HEAL for about a year before you do anything else. I think she got the first surgery too soon, her body did not have time to adjust to the new weight. The doctors try to talk you into doing as much as possible each time, saves you money, but it is very stressful on your body. Lose it slow and steady, this helps with the extra skin re-adjusting as you go.
  • rosemary98
    Options
    Whenever I read the word c-section, I feel I need to post (since I had one 18-months ago). I didn't really need to lose weight, but I did have the little pouch for a while after. It did go away. Sadly, my scar became raised and red. That will not change unless I want to do a serious of cortisone shots (like 12 each time). no thanks. i have pics posted on my profile.

I just started to exercise (like last week)...so these photos are indicative of no exercise.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!