let's be friends!

Options
hi! i've been using mfp for about a month-ish now, and finally making my way through to the messageboards. all of the fantastic recipe, fitness, and general advice/feedback has been super awesome, and i'd love to get to know more people!

i'm 30, live in n county san diego, and excited to be working on being in the best shape of my life, ever. i spent my 20s overweight and sure as heck don't want to spend my 30s that way. for once in my life, i want to walk into any store and buy a pair of jeans that isn't the one on the bottom of the shelf, dangit.

my heaviest was 199lbs, i lost and kept off about 25lbs for 3 years, and now after a few weeks with mfp hovering at about 169. I'm 5'4, and squeezing into most size 12s. I dream of single digit pants, running half marathons, and looking glorious on the beach. my goal is 125-130, and to move from the little bit of cardio i do now to learning how to lift and run longer periods of time. any support and friendship would be fantastic! :)

Replies

• LowFatMama
    LowFatMama Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I will be for sure sending a request your way!!! I just turned 30 in September, and am from New Mexico. I'm also 5'4 and right now i'm at 155 working towards 120-125 lbs. I have 2 kids and am having a helluva time getting the weight off from the pregnancys! My youngest is about to turn 4, so really I have NO excuse any more.... would love to be there to give tips & hopefully help each other out!

We can do this!!! Make 2013 YOUR year ! :drinker:
  • ladanivita
    ladanivita Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    yay!! we can *totally* do this!!! :D
  • jenbear1973
    Options
    Hi there! I just joined last Friday,and I'm still getting used to the way you track your food. I was a WW Online user last year, and they do things differently. I like this site better, and it's free! I'm turning 58 tomorrow, and I hope you get the weight off while you are still young, because it's sure harder after you turn 50! Good luck! Jen:smile:
  • DandyFanny
    DandyFanny Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Gosh I hope you all don't mind 50 something. I to am looking for strong support and friendship. I've tried and failed at MFP but the New Year has brought about a determination and attitude of positive changes and an all new direction. I would love to add you to my friendship list.
  • jobiwan83
    Options
    I live in the UK and have a pretty big year this year - turning 30 next month & getting married in 5 months! I want to lose (and keep off) 20lbs so I feel like a slim & beautiful bride on my big day....I can do this ????????
  • ahamamoto
    ahamamoto Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Would also love to add you! I am 26 and mother to 3 littles ones (6.5, and 2) and working hard to try and get that darn baby weight off :-/ Love having new friends to keep each other motivated on here :-)

Anyone else feel free to add me as well :-)
  • ladanivita
    ladanivita Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I just joined last Friday,and I'm still getting used to the way you track your food. I was a WW Online user last year, and they do things differently. I like this site better, and it's free! I'm turning 58 tomorrow, and I hope you get the weight off while you are still young, because it's sure harder after you turn 50! Good luck! Jen:smile:

I was on Weight Watchers, too! It worked great, and taught me a lot about portions, and eating foods I enjoy in moderation. I just hated paying the weekly fee! lol I love MFP tons so far, especially the free and awesome part. :)
  • mathildapops
    mathildapops Posts: 39 Member
    Options

I was on Weight Watchers, too! It worked great, and taught me a lot about portions, and eating foods I enjoy in moderation. I just hated paying the weekly fee! lol I love MFP tons so far, especially the free and awesome part. :)

I just started this last week and was also on weight watchers, can't believe I didn't know about this before! Feel free to add me & good luck :happy: