Cheat Days

Options
2»

Replies

• crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I never have "cheat" days. Diet signifies short term, it's a lifestyle change. It's all about portion control and moderation. There are certain things that I gave up for good(like soda, etc) but when it comes to everything else, I just watch my portions and how often I have it. I still have chocolate, ice cream, a cupcake, etc but I just moderate how often and the portion size :)

My motto is "If your doing it right 85% of the time, then you can give in for the remaining 15%"
  • peilover010202
    peilover010202 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm new at this myself. But, i will say that I've found working those calories in helps me. I find I've been craving sweets. So, I've found some things that help curb my sweet tooth, but yet keep me under my calorie goal for the day. (skim milk with 1tsp of ovaltine, special K pastry crisps, chocolate fiber one cereal with skim milk, 1/2 english muffin with 1tsp of reduced sugar strawberry jam.)

My "cheat" days so far have consisted of going out to dinner with my family. I still keep everything in moderation and try to keep it very close to my calorie goal too. As an example, we went to a Mexican restaurant. I asked for no cheese, sour cream, or guac. Ate a handful of chips with salsa rather than 1/2 a basket and ate a lunch size portion. I recorded that the best I could with the ingredients I saw (and guessed - like oil/butter) and I was still under for the day.

Another time, we went to a pizza place. So, I did a longer workout that day and burned about 600 calories. That "made up" for the extra calories I consumed.