Newly pregnant, staying healthy!

Options
My goal was to lose enough weight to feel good about being pregnant again with our second child - although I only lost about half of my goal weight, Im pregnant again. :}

I feel great and healthy going into this pregnancy, however, I am starting it overweight and fully knowledgable about needing to NOT gain as much as my last pregnancy. My doctor and I set a weight goal to only add 20 - 30 lbs max. Reasonable.

Any pointers would be great, b/c I gained 60 lbs last pregnancy and dont want to go there again! I feel odd asking b/c I know we are all trying to lose weight, then here I come with a new goal to maintain and then GAIN.... hmmm.

Replies

• Jessibear86
    Jessibear86 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out my options right now as well as far as weight gain during pregnancy. I read that at the beginning you eat only an additional 300 calories, and at the end an additional 450 calories, obviously eating healthy and making sure you are getting the right vitamins via prenatals and food. If you workout continuously it should be easier to lose the weight after the baby comes. don't push yourself or let your body get too hot, just take it easy! Congratulations too by the way :)
  • CineMachine
    CineMachine Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    (Oops, revising my post)
    I am 13 weeks pregnant, and lost only about half my goal weight following my first as well! Let's work together! I updated my settings to gain only 1/2lb per week. I've been very naucious and have had MAJOR food aversion and not eating much, but am still gaining weight, which is good.
  • JenS2586
    Options
    Hi, i am pregnant also, trying to keep myself as fit and healthy as possible without gaining too much. i am a sucker for food though! this is my 3rd pregnancy, 4th child. i wanted to reach my goal weight before i got preggo again but my own fault for slacking it didnt happen, instead i gained 10lbs since having my twins last october. i am new here and just posted a topic looking for preggo friends. if you'd like to add me and chat that would be great, or anyone else here is welcome to add me also :)
  • miatemple
    miatemple Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! Glad to see Im not the only one trying to gain, but not go crazy with it! Its a tough balance especially with the hormones raging, but we can do it! A good piece of advice I got recently was, let the baby gain weight while I maintain or lose a little in the first trimester. Makes sense! Now, can I follow through???