any really young 40 year olds or late 30's

Options

Replies

• marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    i'm 36, will be 37 soon. I do feel different for sure, i agree that it isn't as easy as to get back in shape as it was in my 20's...but it can, and will, be done!
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    36 but why should I look like 20? a 20 year old shouldn't look like 40 either.

age is a state not an achievement
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    <
    Does this look like the avatar of a 44-year-old, Type 2 diabetic?
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty young for 99 years old.
  • Aliannia
    Options
    I'll be 47 next month, and I certainly don't feel my age. Feel free to add me!
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    41.....and fabulous - if I do say so myself.

Feel free to add me - I definitely feel like i'm still in my 20s, even if I don't look it anymore ;-)
  • mjYanaGirl
    Options
    Just turned 39 and just starting to really enjoy life. Most people request identification when they learn my age, and not just because of my appearance. Please add me if you are young at heart as well.
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty young for 99 years old.

and sexy!
  • tallgirlshelley
    tallgirlshelley Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and I think I'm very "young" for my age. My kids (16, 8 and 6) have definitely kept me young. Perhaps just immature? Are fart jokes off limits? j/k

I would be happy to join your "group" of youngish oldies.
  • floopysandi
    floopysandi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    39 and turning 40 in October. Still get carded once in a while :) It's all about the baby face and the 'tude I think...
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I fit this category, although I've been told I have the maturity of a much younger man :wink:
  • tracylouise42
    Options
    i am 42 and i do not want to keep on the path i was going on. to climb stairs and be winded. to not be able to wear knee high boots cause my damn calf was 17.5! now it is 16.5 ! yeah me boots....
  • alw141
    alw141 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 in April and I'm in the best shape of my life! Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40 here *eep*

Still mentally freaked out by that, since mentally I'm stuck on about 25.....and coming to terms with a couple of facts:
    1) A 40 yr old me doesn't lose weight like the 25 year old me did
    2) A 40 year old me with a 1 hr commute each way, just doesn't have the 2+ hrs a day to spend at a gym like the 25 yr old me did
    3) A 40 year old me can't eat the same way I did at 25.....(meaning pretty much the exact sames foods daily for every meal, the husband would rebel at unseasoned skinless boneless chicken, steamed veg, and a couple of baby reds for dinner every night of the week).

feel free to add :) Always looking for additional motivators, and motivatees.
  • Thorssoneg
    Options
    42 Here, I always seem to forget that I am not in my 20's anymore.
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 with the sense of humour of a 10 year old, does that count?
  • Sarge516
    Sarge516 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    <---- Turned 40 a few months ago....
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Me five months into my 40s: http://youtu.be/hnaZQpeVaYY

I've also been known to do this sort of thing recently:
    http://youtu.be/45_ScPbKVLk
    http://youtu.be/euacKd0E8v0

So I feel pretty youthful generally.

I say "generally" because today was heavy compound day so right now I'm walking around like a 110 year old. :bigsmile:

Edit: I really ought to get a video of me doing front levers and campus board stuff.
  • trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Recently someone thought I was my son's girlfriend. He's 19, I'm 42. When I meet new people they are always shocked to hear that I have three sons (13, 15, and 19). I workout every day, and am coming up on my one year anniversary on MFP. Feel free to friend me.
  • taigasgirl
    Options
    Oh my gosh! Isn't the boot zippering the most awesome feeling in the world??? I miss that soooo much! :love: